Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Silver Bullet II

1. Default

Here are some form a holistic benchmark:
    Attached Images

2. Default

If this thing doesn't shoot laser beams out of it, and doesn't have a keg built into it, i will be extremely piss off.

3. Default

crap... ima go to ur house and steal it !!! >,>

but really though... DAMMNNN! your computer overpowered an i7 -.-
    Last edited by weeman2412; 01-26-2009 at 01:26 PM.
    Ibis Steam Contest #2
    Canceled till further notice

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

Arrogance - only fags and assholes have them... You know who you are.

4. Default

Impressive results.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I saved money for years...

Cough cough our money cough cough

lol just kidding with ya zero :P

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by -=NYS=- C.O. View Post
    Impressive results.

Actually not really. I do not understand what the big fuss is about when with a single decent HDD you get average read speeds of 110 - 120 MB/sec. True, his burst speed is astonishing, but it better be, granted the setup! Unless he is hitting half a gig per sec read speed and is pushing the i7 to 5.5 ghz or more, this thread is a waste of time. (not to mention that his read speed almost gets owned by a single SLC solid state drive, L O L) Please, Zero, get to business.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolay View Post
    Actually not really. I do not understand what the big fuss is about when with a single decent HDD you get average read speeds of 110 - 120 MB/sec. True, his burst speed is astonishing, but it better be, granted the setup! Unless he is hitting half a gig per sec read speed and is pushing the i7 to 5.5 ghz or more, this thread is a waste of time. (not to mention that his read speed almost gets owned by a single SLC solid state drive, L O L) Please, Zero, get to business.
    Hater !!!

8. Default

Such a buzz kill niko

9. Default

And what occurs when that SSD tries to write... Also those speeds are not as high as you think real world benchmarks show even the raptors only gets around 100mbs avg. For example a 1tb deskstar has a random access of 12.8ms and an average read of 72.5mb/s.

You will note that my drives have lower access time and also offer even higher performance when given multiple file requests something even the best SSD read can not do. In addition I would note that being enterprise server drives they also have an amazing long life span that is actually longer than most of the existing SSDs. I will also note that an SSD can not achieve the burst I got because SATA can not deliver the speed of SAS.

I would also like to note that currently the computer has no optical drives... I do not plan to buy one until there are slim drive Blueray burners at a reasonable cost. Realistically there is not much need for optical drives anymore in my opinion other than for one time installations of software that you can not get via STEAM ect.

10. Default

Yo if i spent that much money making my own computer i would damn sure make a thread about it to let everyone know that its pimpin. Let him enjoy his shit, its been forever since hes been on my level computer wise.
    -MBP