Thread: [ADD] gg_water_towers_cg

1. Default [ADD] gg_water_towers_cg

I made this as a continuation of my last post to remove gg_watertower.
    I think this would be a decent replacement, though I can certainly add to it if anyone has any bright ideas.
    Download it and try it on your computer first. Thanks.

gg_water_towers_cg0000.jpg gg_water_towers_cg0002.jpg gg_water_towers_cg0004.jpg

Download link:
    http://www.4shared.com/get/S53-t3Er/...towers_cg.html
    ======================
    It's my stomach.... I'm hungry!
    ======================

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    I made this as a continuation of my last post to remove gg_watertower.I think this would be a decent replacement, though I can certainly add to it if anyone has any bright ideas.Download it and try it on your computer first. Thanks.gg_water_towers_cg0000.jpg gg_water_towers_cg0002.jpg gg_water_towers_cg0004.jpgDownload link:http://www.4shared.com/get/S53-t3Er/...towers_cg.html
    u know what the original map needed the most? A size reduction to ~75% of current size. What turned people off was that there no places to play strategically: it took forever to get to the middle top where u can play smarter, but u were forced to lose obstacle cover ... I say we get rid of the underground water thing which was glitchy and delayed the game. And instead we building a spiral staircase and pathway going from the back of each spawn that basically gives you access to the towers. The path should be wide enough to give u cover, except from enemies at the lowest ground that happen to be close to the map borders. If u wanna keep the water tower concept, then make a tower in the middle that acts like a firefighter's pole: only lets people get a fast trajectory from top to bottom, but not vice versa. This can be accomplished by filling the tower with suspended water that reaches down to 10 ft off the ground, making it possible for people to swim down and freefall with no dmg, but people at the bottom not able to reach the water by jumping. The reason why im suggesing these is bcos the map needed more than 1 choke point. And it needed more in-game goals than to go to the top of the map and hide behind the wall and wait for for unsuspecting players. Think how spacetower offers roughly 10 choke points easily accessible? It adds dynamics. And if the map is too big, it slows down the game and makes it too hard to kill ppl with subs and whatnot when u keepgetting shot feom across the midsection by rifle bearers. Tl/dr: - make the map smaller/compact, the size of abbey is ideal?- and add staircases in back and obstacles in middle.- get rid of the underground, keep the 'water tower' theme by making the towers 1-way-down as mentionned above.Thoughts?
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

I like your vision, Cyber. I will see what I can do according to your description and make a new version.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

I have to say, though... did you try downloading the map and playing on it yet? I did fix the water underneath, but I'm not sure it's interesting enough to keep. Could you perhaps make a drawing for me? lol... seriously, though. Maybe we could work on a map or two together.
    ======================
    ======================

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    I like your vision, Cyber. I will see what I can do according to your description and make a new version.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

I have to say, though... did you try downloading the map and playing on it yet? I did fix the water underneath, but I'm not sure it's interesting enough to keep. Could you perhaps make a drawing for me? lol... seriously, though. Maybe we could work on a map or two together.
    im down. just let me finish my never ending exams this week.
    and then im a bit more free and i will send u a 3d sketch

edit: btw i didnt see ur new updated map yet bcos im too busy with exams...
    but my comments were in reference to the original demo. not this.

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

chris.
    so i made a quick doodle. hope that helps?
    what do u think?

btw there's a total of THREE water towels, these towers are in the middle and accessible from both sides.
    The snapshots i sent u are "half maps", from one side of a map, for a team. to get the full map, just do the same thing for the other side, where the towers are shared.

Keep in mind not to make the map TOO big, think of a map SLIGHTLY bigger than churches map
    top view of groudn level.jpgTop view of map.jpgtower side view.jpg

name it smthn like :
    gg_cybertowers_cg LOL

6. Default

Sorry, been busy lately. I'm downloading them now and I'll catch you on chat or in game.

P.S. thank you for not being the most awful sketch artist!
    xD
    ======================
    ======================

7. Default

oh, just saw this.
    u BETTER not make fun of my sketches, i doodled those in 10 mins total, in class.
    with a PEN bcos i didnt have a pencil lol...
    build it!

8. Default

I drew this with a pen.

I colored it with Photoshop.

PREVIEW - Broken Angel.jpg
    ======================
    ======================

9. Default

gives invalid link when I try to use "free" download.

please stop hosting the files on a site that will not let us download them. Try to upload them to the fourms. I can give you more space if you need it.

10. Default

gives invalid link when I try to use "free" download.

please stop hosting the files on a site that will not let us download them. Try to upload them to the fourms. I can give you more space if you need it.
    im pretty sure we dont need to add this map anymore.
    Zero, within today or tomorrow Chris and I are gonna add a map here for gungame that we've been making for a while. It's pretty fucking amazing from what we got in feedbacks from ULAs and regulars.

I hope you would add it soon and not add it to the "next month" list :P
    i'll add it myself to the forums since i have unlimited space.