Thread: Servers

1. Default Servers

GG and WCS are lagging lately. Loss of frames, appearing as though players are teleporting short distances. Some short sections of play time are "reversed" as much as 2/3 a second (estimated). This has been consistent the past couple days to a week, and I've spent quite a bit of time on these severs to notice. They need a restart, and the maps that need removed ought to get removed. I could have done all this myself if I were allowed (because it takes a couple minutes and is no bother) but it seems as though it's not done regularly enough... I would assume.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not someone's job? Pay me and I'll do it. I'm serious.
    Also: I'm waiting 2 weeks and taking down my map submissions. If any requests are made beyond that time for a map for the ibis servers, I'm charging $50 each map from now on. They take 4-8 hours each, so that's dirt cheap. The maps I make tend to look and play a lot better than the regular maps in rotation.

Anyway, otherwise I hope everyone has a good few holidays this year. I hope you get lots of useless things that won't improve your quality of life, may only distract you from the reality of your surroundings and will strengthen the bind of your mindless consumerism... like a new iphone. xD

P.S. I know I pull no weight around here just because I was admin for a little while, BUT... I really think having a ping limit would be quite beneficial to these 2 servers.
    P.P.S. If you want the Pub populated, why not have people play on it and get some interesting maps uploaded???
    P.P.P.S. Is anyone home???
    Last edited by Goku; 10-26-2012 at 07:13 AM.
    ======================
    It's my stomach.... I'm hungry!
    ======================

2. Default

Do you accept Monopoly money?

Tastes like your moms kisses.

Jeez, people don't respond for a few hours and you go berserk. Mkaay.

Secondly... You getting paid for those suggestions. Yeah. About that. Good luck.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    GG and WCS are lagging lately. Loss of frames, appearing as though players are teleporting short distances. Some short sections of play time are "reversed" as much as 2/3 a second (estimated). This has been consistent the past couple days to a week, and I've spent quite a bit of time on these severs to notice. They need a restart, and the maps that need removed ought to get removed. I could have done all this myself if I were allowed (because it takes a couple minutes and is no bother) but it seems as though it's not done regularly enough... I would assume.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is that not someone's job? Pay me and I'll do it. I'm serious.
    Also: I'm waiting 2 weeks and taking down my map submissions. If any requests are made beyond that time for a map for the ibis servers, I'm charging $50 each map from now on. They take 4-8 hours each, so that's dirt cheap. The maps I make tend to look and play a lot better than the regular maps in rotation.

Anyway, otherwise I hope everyone has a good few holidays this year. I hope you get lots of useless things that won't improve your quality of life, may only distract you from the reality of your surroundings and will strengthen the bind of your mindless consumerism... like a new iphone. xD

P.S. I know I pull no weight around here just because I was admin for a little while, BUT... I really think having a ping limit would be quite beneficial to these 2 servers.
    P.P.S. If you want the Pub populated, why not have people play on it and get some interesting maps uploaded???
    P.P.P.S. Is anyone home???
    i can think of at least two places you can go fuck yourself in. your tone is way out of line. the servers restart every morning. some time around 4-ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

WHat times of night is this going on? Also keep in mind the last few days I have been prefming updates and other work on the server that can cause lag.

6. Default

YES I need more of that stuff!!! Monopoly moneys!!!

It's usually after midnight EST and most noticeable around 2am, and it tends to last a lot longer than just a few updates and such.
    I've seen it lag and continue to lag for an hour or more at a time. It's not heavy lag, like everyone has higher ping, but mine does go up from around 45 to 65.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Erdenay, I was talking about pay for map making. I made some really good maps, and generally people aren't willing to put the time into a good map.
    Acolyte, if it were restarted that often, why wouldn't I notice the server shutting down? I usually play around that time. >.>
    I can think of a better way you can learn to respond.
    ======================
    It's my stomach.... I'm hungry!
    ======================