Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: surfguard 2008 virus

1. Default spyware guard 2008 virus

anyone know how to get rid of the spyware guard trojan? my kasperski 09 won't help. I deleted it in registry but not the hidden file where ever it is.
    Last edited by deprodigy; 01-02-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: title

2. Default

first of try hijack this and see if you can find any other files that a floating about

3. Default

what about this question?
    how come all my system restore points vanished too? this is a nasty one.

4. Default

Bro, the only program that has ever worked for me to remove this exceptionally nasty piece of software is MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware located here http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php. You do not need the registered version to scan and fix errors, just for real time protection. Good luck!

5. Default

Get Windows Live One care !

6. Default

fought this sucker for a week. finally beat it for good with a prog called combofix. I think it came from my bro playing some stupid tex based game called mobwars on facebook. someone took it too seriously I think. and co ill never use a microsoft based security program.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by deprodigy View Post
    fought this sucker for a week. finally beat it for good with a prog called combofix. I think it came from my bro playing some stupid tex based game called mobwars on facebook. someone took it too seriously I think. and co ill never use a microsoft based security program.
    Ever since I've had Microsof Live One Care it has been working perfect and detecting anything that tries to invade my pc. I used to have shitty Norton. That shit used to slow down my PC.

8. Default razer barricuda hp-1

in the time I was fighting the trojan I didn't use the altec lansing heaphones and the mic broke on them (was going to fix them but found extremely uncomfortable for my small ears) I bought the Razer Barricuda head phones. anyone have these? im having a hell of a time connecting them properly. I would buy the Razer soundcard the hp-1's was designed for but its not even available. the rear mic function is being stubborn. I have to keep the audio properties open and activate it every map because it resets to line mic.

9. Default

Logitech USB Headset. Around 50 bucks. Perfect Quality**, Good speakers, and cheap. Me and whyt both got it and its perfect. Works with any sound card and uses USB. Get IT.
    -MBP

10. Default

dude I already bought these for 139. id buy a new sound card before a new headset now. im hoping someone has some experience with these first though.