Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: surfguard 2008 virus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default spyware guard 2008 virus

anyone know how to get rid of the spyware guard trojan? my kasperski 09 won't help. I deleted it in registry but not the hidden file where ever it is.
    Last edited by deprodigy; 01-02-2009 at 10:18 AM. Reason: title

2. Default

first of try hijack this and see if you can find any other files that a floating about

3. Default

what about this question?
    how come all my system restore points vanished too? this is a nasty one.

4. Default

Bro, the only program that has ever worked for me to remove this exceptionally nasty piece of software is MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware located here http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php. You do not need the registered version to scan and fix errors, just for real time protection. Good luck!

5. Default

Get Windows Live One care !

6. Default

fought this sucker for a week. finally beat it for good with a prog called combofix. I think it came from my bro playing some stupid tex based game called mobwars on facebook. someone took it too seriously I think. and co ill never use a microsoft based security program.

7. Default razer barricuda hp-1

in the time I was fighting the trojan I didn't use the altec lansing heaphones and the mic broke on them (was going to fix them but found extremely uncomfortable for my small ears) I bought the Razer Barricuda head phones. anyone have these? im having a hell of a time connecting them properly. I would buy the Razer soundcard the hp-1's was designed for but its not even available. the rear mic function is being stubborn. I have to keep the audio properties open and activate it every map because it resets to line mic.

8. Default

Logitech USB Headset. Around 50 bucks. Perfect Quality**, Good speakers, and cheap. Me and whyt both got it and its perfect. Works with any sound card and uses USB. Get IT.
    -MBP

9. Default

dude I already bought these for 139. id buy a new sound card before a new headset now. im hoping someone has some experience with these first though.

10. Default

You should have asked the forums first before buying something so expensive and tech related.
    -MBP