Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Amulet of the Cat v1.0.3

1. Default

Using this: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=169795

I think it may be possible to get the effect we have now without actually effecting the client in reality. Should have no effect on recoil at all but the client crosshair will react as if it does.

This tech allows us to send fake data about a client to all clients. So the server keeps calculating things like spread ect how they should be while all clients see whatever fake data they are sent.

This can also be used to make mole work like before and become something very worth of returning mole protection for. This is because we can literally move a player to another team as percieved by all players without actually chaning thier team in reality. Thus even placing your crosshair on the player will tell you they are on your team!

2. Default

So you will always have running accuracy even when you are standing still and crouched? So to compensate for the silence then you pretty much have to run through enemies with like a p90 or something? Might actually be a nice balance
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

3. Default

As stated in my last post I think it may be possible to not effect accuracy in any way and have the item work as intended and only kill footstep sound.

4. Default whats the password for the test server?

Password for test server?
    |2es( + )lutioN

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by |2esolution View Post
    Password for test server?
    "ibiswcs"
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

6. Default

I think it may be possible to get the effect we have now without actually effecting the client in reality. Should have no effect on recoil at all but the client crosshair will react as if it does.

This tech allows us to send fake data about a client to all clients. So the server keeps calculating things like spread ect how they should be while all clients see whatever fake data they are sent.

This can also be used to make mole work like before and become something very worth of returning mole protection for. This is because we can literally move a player to another team as percieved by all players without actually chaning thier team in reality. Thus even placing your crosshair on the player will tell you they are on your team!
    that sounds great. and yeah big difference between walking and running, especially for the ak

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

7. Default

Soooo ... im guessing you cannot spot them on radar either?

That being said, for the amulet of the cat, if i were to shoot with an ak, my VIEW of the ak would be all fucked up and "recoily" but my actual registered recoil in game is more accurate?

If so, im starting to get this fear of low recoilers using that shit to their advantage -.- ... i guess i misunderstood. perhaps a show-and-tell example?

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

It is on the test server now. Note that it does not look the same to spectators as it does to the player. So while you may to yourself look like you have aimbot it does not look like this to anyone else. Same for planting the bomb when you spec or are not the actual player nothing looks strange. So below is how it works:

Item removes footsteps sounds and will amke player appear crouched unless they jump up. However, they are not actually crouched and you can hit them as if they were standing unless they are actually couched in which case the hitboxes will be aligned.

When planing the bomb it will look and sound to you like nothing is happening when in reality it is being planted so keep holding fire as normal.

When shooting your screen may shake, this is due to the discrepency of your clients perdection and how the server is calculating your shots. Accuracy IS NOT effected in ANY WAY though the use of this item. However due to client side perdection your crosshair and screen may act up a bit.

So far no bugs with this new version have been found. A new SM and MM version were needed to do it this way so it will not be released until we also have seen that there are no bugs created as a result of those updates.

9. Default

It is on the test server now. Note that it does not look the same to spectators as it does to the player. So while you may to yourself look like you have aimbot it does not look like this to anyone else. Same for planting the bomb when you spec or are not the actual player nothing looks strange. So below is how it works:

Item removes footsteps sounds and will amke player appear crouched unless they jump up. However, they are not actually crouched and you can hit them as if they were standing unless they are actually couched in which case the hitboxes will be aligned.

When planing the bomb it will look and sound to you like nothing is happening when in reality it is being planted so keep holding fire as normal.

When shooting your screen may shake, this is due to the discrepency of your clients perdection and how the server is calculating your shots. Accuracy IS NOT effected in ANY WAY though the use of this item. However due to client side perdection your crosshair and screen may act up a bit.

So far no bugs with this new version have been found. A new SM and MM version were needed to do it this way so it will not be released until we also have seen that there are no bugs created as a result of those updates.
    i see.
    so 1 last thing. i'm assuming that if u were STANDING behind a crate with the amulet, for enemies, they wouldn't be able to see you since u'd look crouched in game?

and second: so let's just say that the enemy knew u were behind that crate, and shot you at "head level" (invisible torso), im assuming that shots will register on u normally? because u're standing? even though ur torso isnt "visibly" there but hitboxes are?

So bottom line is, when using the cat, the "crouched" look is not like the bird skinning where ur hitboxes are changed to crouch mode, UNLESS u are ACTUALLY crouching.

is this right? thank u

10. Default

Correct, except for when you actually are crouching.