Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Configure] ze_shadow_moses_7_9

1. Default [Configure] ze_shadow_moses_7_9

Map: ze_shadow_moses_7_9
    Change: Enable parachute for this escape map (I know this goes beyond server rules, but I believe this map needs it and I will explain).
    Reason: If you look at the demo I have provided, we played the other day, and when you reach a certain point of the map, you need to repeat it (mirror the way back to the original spot) to complete objective. Well in this case, you first need to climb a flight of stairs, cross over a bridge, and then run down the mirrored stairway. Now I am asking for parachutes because, well obvious, zombies have over 1500 HP, they can jump down all the way to the bottom and lose maybe 1000HP at max? While humans jump one flight of stairs and die. This gives humans a BIG disadvantage here.

Try starting around 60,000, that is where I start climbing the stairs and you will see how extensive these stairs are. (Note, my in-game name is RAVENS. ibis.a until superbowl is over).

If there is an easier way, or if I am going the wrong way to complete the objective, please explain in this thread, and forget this thread. If not, parachute's please? This was a pretty fun map to play until that point. Good defending, good teamwork, this is what I am looking for in IBIS community.

#ibisgaming #trenditbitches

I am too lazy to watch the demo but even if we did enable parachutes that would not fix the problem.
    What you could do is edit the map so there would be water at the bottom or put walls on the sides of the stare case.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by thecat View Post
    I am too lazy to watch the demo but even if we did enable parachutes that would not fix the problem.
    What you could do is edit the map so there would be water at the bottom or put walls on the sides of the stare case.
    If you are too lazy to watch the demo, STFU.
    It'll be easier to just enable parachutes in this map, enabling parachutes will not give advantage to either humans nor zombies. I went through the whole map in spec mode, and it seems legit.

4. Default

"i'm too lazy to watch the demo, someone should take the time to learn mapmaking and alter the map to make it work right"

-thecat (paraphrased)

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

Default Middle thumb

I checked the demo out, well I know what you are talking about now.
    Yah I was wrong, half wrong.
    But it would still be a better idea if you put walls at the side of those stairs.
    This is because the zombies could probably use the parachutes to there advantage.
    The fact that the zombies could do this( as in beat the humans like that) shows that the map maker made an error on this part of the map.
    It is a big map so a mistake could have been made.
    The map maker definitely did not account for parachutes.
    The point is that if you enable parachutes on this map you will do more harm than good.
    I guess you could use the parachutes as a quick fix.

6. Default

I checked the demo out, well I know what you are talking about now.
    Yah I was wrong, half wrong.
    But it would still be a better idea if you put walls at the side of those stairs.
    This is because the zombies could probably use the parachutes to there advantage.
    The fact that the zombies could do this( as in beat the humans like that) shows that the map maker made an error on this part of the map.
    It is a big map so a mistake could have been made.
    The map maker definitely did not account for parachutes.
    The point is that if you enable parachutes on this map you will do more harm than good.
    I guess you could use the parachutes as a quick fix.
    How so more harm than good? Please explain yourself. There is no way if humans have an advantage to jump down, and parachute before impact, and zombies same. Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by phil.™ View Post
    How so more harm than good? Please explain yourself. There is no way if humans have an advantage to jump down, and parachute before impact, and zombies same. Please explain.
    I am talking about every other parts of the map.
    There are many long running sequences in this map therefor making it harder for humans to win, you see zombies can use parachutes to get from point A to point B much faster(or chase humans).
    Also when zombies get knocked back they can use the parachutes to slow down and get back on there feet much faster.

8. Default

I am talking about every other parts of the map.
    There are many long running sequences in this map therefor making it harder for humans to win, you see zombies can use parachutes to get from point A to point B much faster(or chase humans).
    Also when zombies get knocked back they can use the parachutes to slow down and get back on there feet much faster.
    Wow, this may be the stupidest thing I have ever read. One, there is no section in the map where parachutes will help zombies advance to point A to be B, other than what I pointed out above. But this will also help advance the humans so it's win-win there. Two, the whole map is pretty much a straight run, no major down slopes or anything, again, other that what I have states above. Lastly, when a zombie gets knocked back and to are holding on to the parachute button, they float further back, which gives humans more of an advantage, which in this map is not a bad thing because of how long you have to run.

Have you even played the damn map?

Quote Originally Posted by phil.™ View Post
    Wow, this may be the stupidest thing I have ever read. One, there is no section in the map where parachutes will help zombies advance to point A to be B, other than what I pointed out above. But this will also help advance the humans so it's win-win there. Two, the whole map is pretty much a straight run, no major down slopes or anything, again, other that what I have states above. Lastly, when a zombie gets knocked back and to are holding on to the parachute button, they float further back, which gives humans more of an advantage, which in this map is not a bad thing because of how long you have to run.
    Have you even played the damn map?
    Wrong when you get knocked back a parachute can slow you down and when you release the parachute you will stop.
    There are many hold out points in this map.
    Also if you jump with a parachute you can go a bit faster on some of the areas in the map and you can have a easier time avoiding shots taken at you.

10. Default

Two other things, first, players are complaining the music volume is very loud, and compared to other maps, yes the background song is very loud. Is this something you could tweak? I told them to change their volume setting, but then they cant hear other peoples mic, and then their mic setting has to be adjusted, then re-adjusted again when we go to a new map. It's annoying to adjust.
    Also, we need the time set between 10:00 - 11:00 minutes. Even 9:00 minutes humans will not finish. (and this is with parachutes and humans jumping all the way down).

If this is too much of a hassle, we should consider just dumping the map.