Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Anime Season: Spring 2013

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jwtemp View Post
    One thing that I never quite grasped was how the woman Selacao serial killer (sorry for the undoubtedly incorrect spelling and lack of the character's name) had angel wings. It was as if she wasn't human at all, but I must've missed something about her back story. Can you clue me in and remove my ignorance?
    Been a while since i saw it but i seem to recall that the angel wings was just an illusion that she used to escape. She didn't actually have any wings but there was no explanation on how the illusion worked.
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'

2. Default

yay more girls und panzer
    That and DBZ movie is really all I care about this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    THe madoka movies aired in the US now that is what you really missed.
    I missed them too

Last edited by Bane of Soldiers; 02-19-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

4. Default

Thanks Xerenix. I figured there must've been an explanation and I just missed it. Would you say the movies are worth watching? Do they maintain the quality of the series?

What is Madoka? Pardon my ignorance.

Have you guys seen Eden of the East? I watched it recently and thought it was great. It's actually the first anime series I've completed in quite a while. I'm also dying for the first Berserk movie to see a US release and the second Berserk movie to makes its way to theaters in Japan. It was absolutely my favorite anime series at the height of my interest in the genre (although Cowboy Bebop runs an unbelievably close second).

Unrelated but related - anyone tried Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch?

Edit: Apparently Berkserk: The Golden Age: Arc 1 DID see a US release (11/27/2012) - and I completely and utterly missed it. Arc 2 has also been released in Japan, so tonight, torrent here I come!
    yes i have saw eden in past time i liked it a lot its amazing anime series to watch...

6. Default

Jesus christ the bot is self aware.

7. Default

Thanks Xerenix. I figured there must've been an explanation and I just missed it. Would you say the movies are worth watching? Do they maintain the quality of the series?

What is Madoka? Pardon my ignorance.
    Puella Magi Madoka Magica

if tim burton met magical girl

if horror shows were given young, innocent, magical protagonists.

it's a trippy anime, and one of the better ones i've seen. this is the magical girl genre for men. seriously. watch it. the show is excellent, and creepy beyond belief at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

I read an article that compared it to the superhero genera that was really good. The movies cover the material from the series, the 3rd (unreleased) movie is new content.

You can read a review of the series here: http://www.ibisgaming.com/content.ph...-Madoka-Magica

9. Default

Cool - thanks for the info guys. I'll definitely check it out. Other than torrents, where do you guys get your anime? It's not a very well stocked category on most streaming services. >:|

10. Default

there are a few out there but the 2 i use most is animedreaming.tv and anime44

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day.
    Live or die on this day.