Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Season: Spring 2013

1. Default Anime Season: Spring 2013

Spring 2013 anime chart version 1.0, subject to change a lot. But yeah, here ya go

Edit (3/14/12): Updated to version 2.0, just one day after its release! ^^
    iboffq8nHImsOg.jpg
    Last edited by Bane of Soldiers; 03-14-2013 at 01:51 AM.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

2. Default

Quick look over and I already count 11 new shows worth watching. Note that katanagatari is a rerun with no new content.

3. Default

Shingeki no Kyojin and Arata Kangatari is the shows i'm dying to watch.

Great mangas and hopefuly great animes
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'

4. Default

Considering way too much shows that I can allot time for, but...

Priority watches:
    • Date A Live
    • Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai S2
    • Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S2
    • Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko

Will also be trying to keep up with:
    • Photo Kano
    • Suisei no Gargantia

Bottom Priority:
    • Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W

Will try out during this season:
    • Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru
    • Shingeki no Kyojin
    • Kakumeiki Valvrave
    • Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince
    • Aku no Hana

Will try out, more likely out of season:
    • Hataraku! Maou-sama
    • Yuyushiki
    • Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge
    • Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san

5. Default

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W is going to be something to watch...

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

Your also missing girls und panzer and RDG

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W is going to be something to watch...
    Not if it takes the same direction as the first season >.>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Your also missing girls und panzer and RDG
    Girls Und Panzer, I'm in the same situation as I was with Saki this season... I need to make more time for my dose of moe... and same with HnG. Still far behind...

I admit RDG interested me. But I haven't seen its advertisements; was kinda waiting for a more detailed synopsis to come around before I would put it in consideration

7. Default

Have you guys seen Eden of the East? I watched it recently and thought it was great. It's actually the first anime series I've completed in quite a while. I'm also dying for the first Berserk movie to see a US release and the second Berserk movie to makes its way to theaters in Japan. It was absolutely my favorite anime series at the height of my interest in the genre (although Cowboy Bebop runs an unbelievably close second).

Unrelated but related - anyone tried Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch?

Edit: Apparently Berkserk: The Golden Age: Arc 1 DID see a US release (11/27/2012) - and I completely and utterly missed it. Arc 2 has also been released in Japan, so tonight, torrent here I come!

8. Default

THe madoka movies aired in the US now that is what you really missed.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jwtemp View Post
    Have you guys seen Eden of the East? I watched it recently and thought it was great. It's actually the first anime series I've completed in quite a while. I'm also dying for the first Berserk movie to see a US release and the second Berserk movie to makes its way to theaters in Japan. It was absolutely my favorite anime series at the height of my interest in the genre (although Cowboy Bebop runs an unbelievably close second).
    Loved Eden of the East. Watched both the series and the movies.
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'

10. Default

One thing that I never quite grasped was how the woman Selacao serial killer (sorry for the undoubtedly incorrect spelling and lack of the character's name) had angel wings. It was as if she wasn't human at all, but I must've missed something about her back story. Can you clue me in and remove my ignorance?