Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Day z

1. Default

Wow. I never thought I'd see or hear anyone call the ARMA 2 engine 'pretty.' Seriously cat, if you think ARMA 2, and by extension Day Z, are pretty, you need to take another look at some of the games out there. ARMA 2 seriously looks like microwaved vomit compared to some of the titles of the last twelve months.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jwtemp View Post
    Wow. I never thought I'd see or hear anyone call the ARMA 2 engine 'pretty.' Seriously cat, if you think ARMA 2, and by extension Day Z, are pretty, you need to take another look at some of the games out there. ARMA 2 seriously looks like microwaved vomit compared to some of the titles of the last twelve months.
    now, for the time, Arma2 was beautiful. but is has not aged well at all. This isn't like half life, where it was damn good even 5 years later. no.

however, DayZ is alot of fun. not a fan of regular Arma2 though. the controls just suck for a regular game.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    the controls just suck for a regular game.
    what's wrong with them?

Maynard - The WCS Guy

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    what's wrong with them?
    they're incredibly clunky and not very natural. they work amazingly for dayZ because they serve to add more stress and atmosphere, but in the regular game, they really just don't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

5. Default

I don't think you played enough... they become very natural over time.

I fully agree at first it's a shit storm given basically every button does something, but once you play for a bit it's no biggie.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

6. Default

The controls are pretty good after a time playing the game, the inventory imo could have been improved (I have lost several guns trying to place them in a backpack) but once you know the various buttons and can aim the mouse in the right place it gets quite fluent.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by B1ackOut View Post
    I have lost several guns trying to place them in a backpack
    ya... that's always fun lol.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    they're incredibly clunky and not very natural. they work amazingly for dayZ because they serve to add more stress and atmosphere, but in the regular game, they really just don't work.
    The controls are fine for both games they are way more realistic than other games like.