Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wtf source bans!?!?!

1. Default Wtf source bans!?!?!

Okay idk wtf is going on. I was looking up ban history and realized that someone or maybe source bans changed the name I was under on my first ban. Better yet it's Maynard's name! Idk if you know but I'm not one to impersonate clan, and I'd rather not have that on my record. So if this is source bans maybe someone of high status (meaning clan, ULA. No one else!!!) leave a note. However if one of you fuckers changed it better be ready for me to skull fuck you from here to kingdom come.

http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans...8891945&Submit

2. Default

Likely some data on old ban names got messed up when I was making database changes. Given the age of that ban should not be anything to worry about.

3. Default

What in fucks name???lol

Charmichal searching for her own steam id got me wondering what i'd find if i googled my own id...
    and i stumble on THIS:
    http://bans.64bitvps.com/index.php?p...447450&Submit=

What in the name of actual fuck? How am i banned somewhere permanently by an IMPORTED ban? hell, i spent almost 99% of my gaming in ibis since i joined, and i cant remember the last i've ever played somewhere else, and i've never been perma'd lol...

i find this hilarious because when i googled what does "user imported ban .cfg" means, it says that it's for perma bans for older than 2 years ago...
    --------------
    Zero? any ideas where i could look into where, when and why i was banned ? lol, it got me curious. the ban was invoqued on this guy's sourcebans a week ago -.- what the...
    The ONLY thing that could possibly explain this is my first ban from Rapedollar for speedhacks, made as a joke here: http://www.ibisgaming.com/sourcebans...447450&Submit=

but if i was unbanned 5 minutes after, would my name still carry for sourcebans imports? im just curious lol
    Last edited by CYBER; 03-03-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

perhaps you blacked out from booze and medication and forgot.
    Personal reform

5. Default

Currently you can export a list of our perma bans but I believe in the past you could do all bans. For this to make sense they would have had to copy our ban list and then go back over all the bans and upgrade the ones they want to make perma.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Carmichal View Post
    I'm not one to impersonate clan
    LIAR!

I vote for perma ban from the community...

Maynard - The WCS Guy

7. Default

Currently you can export a list of our perma bans but I believe in the past you could do all bans. For this to make sense they would have had to copy our ban list and then go back over all the bans and upgrade the ones they want to make perma.
    indeed the ban was upgraded a perma on feb 19th (as seen in this link i posted).

What im guessing is that he probably designed a bot that goes through community sourcebans and search for keywords such as "speedhacks" or "wtvr hacks or scripts" and pull the steam id of that demo, and perma ban on his site...

It's a fucking retarded possibility, but makes more sense than anything i can think of -.-
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    LIAR!

I vote for perma ban from the community...
    seconded.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by brett friggin favre View Post
    seconded.
    Thirded?

10. Default

try and ban me see what happens!!!