Thread: Aesur's Application

1. Default Aesur's Application

Minecraft Name: Aesur

Why do you want to join?: Looking for a new server with good people to play on

Photo(s) or video(s) of your favorite/best creation(s): I delete most screenshots as they take up too much space, but on one server I played on I made a few redstone machines that converted gravel to clay (with a mod that allowed water + gravel = clay), all you had to do is add gravel and it did all the work for you and neatly stacked the clay for you. I also helped with a redstone tutorial house, a few main cities/castles, a large town made in the trees and various other things.

What type of server are you interested in?: I like them all, recently got into tekkit, but mainly just want a server where I can play with other people.

Have you ever been a part of another server? And if you left, why?: world8-4.ca Former Staff I programmed the original website for the server, worked on making the various mods work together and maintaining the server, performing all admin responsibilities, whitelists, bans, etc..; I left the server because when I moved across the country for my job, the owner of the site got mad that I could not log in for a month and that I took a break to get settled in and decided to revoke all permissions of myself and a few other admins with similar circumstances. We were also against the pay for benefits setup he changed to. Some items we were ok with, but he took away things like locking your chests without paying monthly fees to the site (may have since changed).

How long have you played Minecraft?: Started right after indev.

2. Default

We dont have an official ibis minecraft server anymore . Perhaps you could find the one we play on sometimes, but its rarely ever populated. So saaaaaad.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

Quote Originally Posted by XX0wnsXY View Post
    We dont have an official ibis minecraft server anymore . Perhaps you could find the one we play on sometimes, but its rarely ever populated. So saaaaaad.
    Dont worry! I have been allotting funds, classes, and time to get a server running when i get home. Iv even recently started building a starting area! Due to my ambitions in making this a minor source of beer income, i have 0 thoughts about letting it rot. I want it to thrive!
    Personal reform

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    Dont worry! I have been allotting funds, classes, and time to get a server running when i get home. Iv even recently started building a starting area! Due to my ambitions in making this a minor source of beer income, i have 0 thoughts about letting it rot. I want it to thrive!

lol..well i cant wait. i miss minecraft with my buddies!

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

Quote Originally Posted by XX0wnsXY View Post
    lol..well i cant wait. i miss minecraft with my buddies!
    Im serious!

The theme wont be all fly 100,000 blocks away and build in solitude. The server will start with a Relativity small map, Adding some "world events" where the population of the server must work together to expand into new frontiers of map. Dont get me wrong.. im in brainstorm stage but my underlying goal will be community and teamwork.
    Personal reform

6. Default

Im serious!

The theme wont be all fly 100,000 blocks away and build in solitude. The server will start with a Relativity small map, Adding some "world events" where the population of the server must work together to expand into new frontiers of map. Dont get me wrong.. im in brainstorm stage but my underlying goal will be community and teamwork.
    ewww! i prefer my solitude. keeps others from fucking with my stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    ewww! i prefer my solitude. keeps others from fucking with my stuff.
    exactly, my idea will in turn present a new challenge for players like yourself. You can still find your solitude. I.E. a getaway only you know how to find, while still maintaining a some what civil playing style with the rest of the world. Still alot of thought being put into this but i was going down the line of.. you can keep your far away property bujt if you wish for it to expand and stretch even further away, you will need to work with others. A frontier aspect so to speak.

or just let it be a giant map and let everyone build what ever they want without any sort of organizing or planning involved.....

Edit: this idea would also open up the ability to add "expansion" type content to the world that keeps regular players interested. Being able to start from a foundation and follow the world through expansion and development.

OMG lol.. what about this! like 5 different starting areas, all different themes. Snow, Mountain/cave, plains, Forest, Rain forest. Each area being home to a faction the player can reside and build in. Each faction being independent from one another having the ability on specific event days to ally, remain neutral or wage war on other faction areas. (by simply turning of block protect during event) adding world PvP ect.!!!
    Last edited by DJ_MikeyRevile; 03-10-2013 at 01:39 PM.
    Personal reform

8. Default

exactly, my idea will in turn present a new challenge for players like yourself. You can still find your solitude. I.E. a getaway only you know how to find, while still maintaining a some what civil playing style with the rest of the world. Still alot of thought being put into this but i was going down the line of.. you can keep your far away property bujt if you wish for it to expand and stretch even further away, you will need to work with others. A frontier aspect so to speak.

or just let it be a giant map and let everyone build what ever they want without any sort of organizing or planning involved.....

Edit: this idea would also open up the ability to add "expansion" type content to the world that keeps regular players interested. Being able to start from a foundation and follow the world through expansion and development.

OMG lol.. what about this! like 5 different starting areas, all different themes. Snow, Mountain/cave, plains, Forest, Rain forest. Each area being home to a faction the player can reside and build in. Each faction being independent from one another having the ability on specific event days to ally, remain neutral or wage war on other faction areas. (by simply turning of block protect during event) adding world PvP ect.!!!
    have fun with that!

never will understand why people feel the need to mod the everloving tits out of minecraft, with all of these "town" or "country" or "faction" mods. ffs, that's pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

That's awesome. Can we have Zeppelin Mod? That's all I ask. Pilot-able boats and flying shit? fuck yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    have fun with that!

never will understand why people feel the need to mod the everloving tits out of minecraft, with all of these "town" or "country" or "faction" mods. ffs, that's pointless.
    there is no need for super ridiculous mods to make something like this happen. Simple mods like block protect and chest lock, with the only major mod being an economy system. Turn on PvP and play minecraft like normal.

Another feature in my scheme for a server will be a Bounty Board. This board will be used for players to post or accept quests to slay another player, monster, clear a cave ect. Players will be openly able to PvP. Theft of ones belongings gives a player right to kill, however.. a player who wishes to slay for lolz can be posted as a bounty or recognized as an enemy to all other players, offering a reward for his slay and return of goods to the player it was stolen from ect. No mod needed for something like this. jkust build a giant wall and post signed signs with whom you want slain.
    Personal reform