Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Zm Server Admins

1. Default Yes. I know.

Ive limited myself from slapping people and myself, i guess i was a little drunk with teh admin powers. But really. I have stopped and I am trying to be a more responsible admin. If im on, I do mute annoying kids, I do mute/kick or ban mic spammers, and i will most definitely kick and ban people who are obviously breaking rules or annoying the piss out of me. Though some times its hard to enforce things and try to not die at the same time, SO PLEASE, tell me or any other admins if there is some problem or some one is doing something fucked up.
    Thank you.

2. Default

just don't go nuts.. and do perma bans.. unless people are truly aholes... (hackers, ultra spammers, unconnected) as for the other lame cade breakers with near 3 offenses in a row.. send them out with a kick. if they continue just send them to hell with a 1 hour ban... (or more depending on how lenient you are) but really cut the crap with the 5 min bans.. it don't do shit.. cuz most people can go take a dump and come back later and don't even feel the sting from the ban..

and if you want to be a good admin.. listen to when people sound bored of a certain map.. (don't listen to those whiny aholes.. that want a map change every 5mins) and if u have alot of experience on IBIS you should be able to tell the crap maps from the good maps.. so keep that in mind.. and remember don't change to an overplayed maps unless a bajillion people wants to...

You should always do a mapvote to see if people want the map to change .. i recommend using the custom vote command.. so that tards that press 1 won't have any say on the vote... and remember don't slap people unless they totally want to fool around just for laughs.... beacon people if they are in one of those rediculously well cades spots.. (be very careful with this if you have terrible jugdemental abilities i recommend you stay away from beaconing..)

last but not least/// periodically spam certain rules that shouldn't ever be broken les you want a ban/kick/mute .. here's what i would spam when i was playing on the server as admin...

Intentional Cade breaking, !zteleing from zombies, mic spamming, hacking, glitching, will always result in a ban/mute/kick..

^ i would spam that twice every 10 mins-20mins

and yes demoing is always win.. if you want someones admin removed.. screenshot also works.. speccing + screenshot is the alt from demoing... if you're afk please just swap yourself to spectating...

btw if certain admins are being aholes.. you can't do anything other than demoing/screenshot them... and remember never ever threaten people.. just get it done.. threatening them will only allow them to know who to avoid so just don't threaten// just demo/screenshot their ass.. then feel free to threaten ^^

and btw if by chance the servers even get to the 30/31 player mark...... kick anyone if they are afk for longer than 3-5 mins... yes even spectators... unless they are admin...(if ur an admin and you afk while on a team you are a fag)

on regular days (lower than 25/31 players) you may kick people who are on a team that are afk for more than 3 mins.. to quicken up rounds as well as to insure there are no fake afkers.. etc..etc....

have fun be a good admin ^^

///edit///

and finally for all those DEEJAYS that want to play music on the IBIS server.. you are fucking retarded.. if we really wanted to listen to music.. we can just get our ipods and shit.... and did you know there is a command for "real" music !music <<<<<<<<< gasp
    Last edited by weeman2412; 01-29-2009 at 09:09 PM.
    Ibis Steam Contest #2
    Canceled till further notice

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

Arrogance - only fags and assholes have them... You know who you are.

3. Default

good advice! thank weeman!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by deprodigy View Post
    easy there 2 beer queer...

5. Default

hmm... i might just have to hit the zm server... haven't played on the ibis zm yet... O_o ....time to put the smack down on some mic spamming tards...

6. Default

The admins on the ZM server really need to be put in line. They completely abuse their powers and make the server completely unfun for those of us that have been playing here for the past few years; they allow everything from mic spamming to cade breaking and it's getting really stupid.

Something really needs to be done particularly for Internet Badass. Just as an example(Meaning something like this happens every single night), he changed the server to low grav and refused to change it back for several hours and the server just became stupid to play on afterwards. He refused any votes and wouldn't listen to anyone from the server even though around 25 of the 30 players wanted to change it back to normal. I explanined to him over the VOIP in game later that I didn't believe that his actions were up to par with the IBIS tradition, and what does he do? Doesn't ask why, or doesn't say I'm sorry, he kicks me. And then when I come back in to ask why I was kicked, he kicks me again. These pre-teen admins need to be put in check, bad. The server has dropped in popularity and it isn't because of the maps, it's because of the admins that don't have any sense of maturity.

The only reason I play CS is for the IBIS server, and when people like Internet Badass ruin the experience, it's not even worth logging on.

What happened to the great community that IBIS once was? At one point, I was literally this close (-) to donating and becoming an admin myself but with this new group of admins, it's not even worth it.... they just abuse their powers and play however they want without fear of the consequence.... sad to say but IBIS is going south because of it.

I'm seriously considering never playing on this server again(Even though it's my favorite) and only playing on the XGP server(that is far less superior) because their admins aren't power abusing pre-pubescents.

Edit: The server was far superior when people like Pooter were the nightly admins.
    Last edited by throtic; 02-04-2009 at 09:35 PM.

7. Default

throtic,

You gotta shorten up your posts. No one is going to take the time to read a book. Just go right to the point and cut all the extra stuff.
    A NEW HIGH SCORE! What does "high score" mean? New high score, is that bad? What does that mean? Did I break it?

8. Default

not true.. we have tons of good admins.. sadly most of them left.. Kurdt, malissin, some other great people that made the IBIS ZM a great server.. of course this was months ago.. and the server just degraded from there D: .. then again i never play pubs just zombies, zombies, zombies,, and more zombies.. hopefully the server will be a full house for summer 2009!!! ill be damned if all the old pros return.. and IBIS ZM becomes the best ZM once more..

seems like we have a few new admins don;t know if their any good or not x.X i uninstalled CSS so that i can actually get an A in psychology class -.- .. seriously I'm not
    joking..

btw internet badass didn't seem like a nutjob when i was admin.. in fact he never even uses his admin when i was playing.. he just plays O.o"

but next time demo his ass.. if he does anything stupid.. then maybe we can rid the server of another bad admin
    Ibis Steam Contest #2
    Canceled till further notice

I read people's post purely for amusement I find people's frustration and failure quite funny... after all it's all just a game... you'll die early if you take it too seriously. ^^

Arrogance - only fags and assholes have them... You know who you are.

9. Default

I try my best to do the right thing when I am in game. I like to think that the regulars know me and how I do business and respect it.

Admins are there to keep the peace. Many don't do that. They get admin for their own gain.

I remember when Elmo got his admin. He did nothing but mic spam and take advantage of his admin powers for his own gain. He seems to have stopped his BS when I'm in game after I threated to perma ban him

If it wasnt for that other admin on today that muted them (the kids) and threated to ban him it would have been another unbearable day on the server.
    That was me.

I don't take shit from anyone.

Unfortunately, I don't play nearly as often as I'd like.

Lastly, for those people who are truly truly pissing me off and deserve a ban, they get this first.

ma_cexec "name" ma_browse www.meatswing.com

Note: typing motd in chat gets rid of it :-)
    Last edited by ricochet; 02-28-2009 at 05:11 PM.

10. Default Hi again

I haven't posted in a while so i figured now was the time. I got off of the zm server earlier bc ppl were cade breaking everywhere. No admins were on and all my cades were hit with grenades. I used to love this server, but everything you mentioned is killing it. As far as new admins goes most of them are terrible and cade break themselves. Although I never got names I've seen it a couple times. The pay for admin idea in my opinion is degenerating the server into chaos. A major crackdown must be done to save the server from abusive or lazy admins and the wave of new players that think IBIS is their personal playground. Sry if the comment wasn't intelligent, but I wanted to post.