Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: [C9] Mafia Game #1

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Well a big problem was the first day, no one had any info so you all wanted to not lynch anyone, which set the table for me and scribble to eliminate the biggest threat. Then as day two rolled around, no one had any more info than they did before since no one was lynched and luckily the cop was dead. So on day 2 you were where you were on day 1, no choice but to random lynch someone. You could tell by the division of the votes that no one was really more suspicious than anyone else, but you had to lynch someone since a no lynch meant another towny would be murdered. If you had lynched someone on day 1, lets say Sin, found out he was a towny then naturally you would have likely suspected the guy who pushed most for him to die, though this is itself not concrete, but at least you would have something to go off of. And again, Kudos to Cyber for continuously accusing people in a way that would have made you look like mafia had another day rolled around.
    Right, which was why the game was over the first day. I knew Scribble was one of the mafia but I couldn't say anything or how I knew because there was no doctor known, and I needed to know both in order to get a lynch for two days and the win. No one was smart enough to catch on and the mafia got extremely lucky but with only 7 people it's not very hard. I think for the next game we need more people, or at least have some balance on the towns side. VT are utterly useless, especially when you have people purposely ruining the game like spasm.

With the interest shown by people who weren't in the game I think we can have a 10-15 person game, that way it's more than just sitting around lynching people, and you have more diverse roles and the town actually has some teeth.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

2. Default

Game was over after first night so why even bother, only way to win was a lucky random lynch, wasn't going to happen.

Besides me saying I am a cop should have been a red flag any ways, shows how much you guys don't really know about mafia.
    Last edited by Spasm; 04-05-2013 at 06:34 AM.
    Spasm <ibis>: i thought mexicans came to murrica not canada
    Spasm <ibis>: :O
    Cyber ibis.a: free dental and health plan ^
    Cyber ibis.a: sry mmurica, u got outbid
    Cyber ibis.a: senor.
    Spasm <ibis>: its not truly free
    Spasm <ibis>: someone pays for it
    Spasm <ibis>: rich ppl
    Cyber ibis.a: exactly
    Cyber ibis.a: canadians
    Cyber ibis.a: i just get the free stuff
    Spasm <ibis>: typical mexican

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I think for the next game we need more people, or at least have some balance on the towns side. VT are utterly useless, especially when you have people purposely ruining the game like spasm.

With the interest shown by people who weren't in the game I think we can have a 10-15 person game, that way it's more than just sitting around lynching people, and you have more diverse roles and the town actually has some teeth.
    We definitely need to spread the roles out with more players to make this more enthralling but the first several run-throughs should be quick and viewed as beta testing so we can work the bugs out with a smaller, controlled group.

These first two runs did not touch on the cluster fuck that would have ensued with ~20 people and I believe it is safe to say we all agree that the first two runs left something to be desired.

4. Default

So whens the setup for the new one? What are the parameters and how many people we looking for?
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    So whens the setup for the new one? What are the parameters and how many people we looking for?
    Ya hurry up Tom I'm waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

Analysis from my point of view:

General ideas: NO LYNCH is one of the worst things a town can do as they give away their main weapon. Normally, suggesting no lynch is quite scummy and there are very few exceptions (revealing 3-4 power roles in day 1 could be one) in general for it. Also, there doesn't seem to be that much discussion going either.

Cyber (6/10) - way too pushy. And jeez, all the OMGUS votes (OH MY GOD YOU SUCK) - you don't just vote someone back because that person voted you. If anything that makes it look more suspicious. I'd also say you were easily swayed and even manipulated. The posts weren't too bad, but possibly lacking substance. One of the most active ones and has shown ability to learn, so he has potential. Probably the most productive townie (along with Nemesis) even if that's not saying much.

Spasm (2/10) - a super assholish way to exit the game. Contributed nothing on day 1 and intentionally killed the town on day 2. Way too play and be a dick and kill everyone's else's fun.

Carmichal (5/10) - Was she even playing? Way too inactive and scummaring. Got a bit better towards the end.

Scribble (5.5/10) - somewhat same as Carm but at least he had excuses of being mafia and being away for the weekend. Didn't really contribute much but didn't really have to either.

What (7.5) - probably the best player in this game. Was active enough to avoid suspicion and kept misdirecting town. Well done with no lynch as well. I'd say may have been a bit too pushy and forceful (especially in arguments with Cyber), but in general, a pretty solid game.

Sin (6/10) - just seems to be caught up in the shit both times for no good reason. You could have elaborated and been more precise about your ideas and actions, though - that seemed to be the biggest downfall.

Nemesis (7/10) - Unlucky, just as Sin. From what I've seen, was active and contributed with somewhat logical ideas (Then again, it's day 1 - you can't really figure out much from it usually) and in general was solid - and died because of it. Best townie player.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.