Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Natural Selection FREE THIS WEEKEND

1. Default

Well we are #1 for a reason, perhaps pickup a reserved slot: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/payments.php

2. Default

I normally keep a reserved slot, but I'm having trouble with my paypal account this month :-( Figures! hah

I couldn't quite get the hang of the game just yet. Seems like it has potential!

3. Default

Zero, question - would I be foolish to let this game slide for $12.50 today? I ask because I see you playing it quite a bit.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Well we are #1 for a reason, perhaps pickup a reserved slot: http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/payments.php
    I am a little frustrtated. I am continually receiving the msg that I need to wait for an available slot. I don't understand why since I am an up-to-date admin. I highly doubt that we have 20 admins/VIPs on right now. Please let me know if I just set someting up worng. Thanks in advance!!!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by HK5150 View Post
    I am a little frustrtated. I am continually receiving the msg that I need to wait for an available slot. I don't understand why since I am an up-to-date admin. I highly doubt that we have 20 admins/VIPs on right now. Please let me know if I just set someting up worng. Thanks in advance!!!
    i believe with ns2 it works off a different id than your steam id which you have to calculate and also put in your profile on the site.

6. Default

The ID is automatically calculated off your Steam ID, if that is correct you are fine.

The NS2 server has a much larger issue with people stuck in connecting than CS. Basically, when someone joins the 21st slot, they fill that slot until the server reaches the point where it kicks them for not having a reserved slot. The result is 21/21 with no way for reserved members to join. This problem exists in exactly the same way in CS, except that the slot is usually cleared in ~10-20 seconds. I've noticed that in NS2, the slot is held much longer, probably due to the much longer load times (and possibly where in the process NS2 handles the reserved plugin); between that and the number of people without a reserved slot repeatedly attempting to join, it can be extremely difficult to be the one person with a reserved slot to hit that perfect connect window where the 21st slot is open. This is exacerbated by the fact that the auto-join is reset every time it attempts to connect and someone beats you to it (also a problem in CS, but again, much less so because of the speed with which CS handles things).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    When you buy admin you agree to not be a cunt-faced Mexican.
    Emo <ibis.a>

7. Default

Yea if your trying to connect when it is 21/21 there is ntohing you can do but wait, even I can not get in. Once the 21st slot opens you will be able to conenct and it will kick somone to make room for you once you get in thus clearing the 21st slot again for the next user.

Also yes this is the best fps out there besides cs:s. This is likely the hardest fps you will ever play and that is just one of the things that makes it such a great game and so much fun. This game is also really about team work more so than any online multiplayer game of its type that I have ever played or seen.