Thread: More Map Changes

1. Default More Map Changes

The changes to the maps appear to have helped a bit but I think we need to change focus for the sub to get filled up. It appears that players must not be looking for regular pub play as much and those that are keep hitting up the 24/7 1 map servers.

What are some things that you all would like to see done to the pub that would bring you and your friends back that is still a normal pub experience?

2. Default

well if 24/7's are popular i'd say we could do 24/7 office, with map rotation on friday nights or something. then we can see how the population (assuming we get any) changes when it's a rotation vs 24/7.

could maybe consider fun little mods like rollthedice if you wanna go crazy.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

3. Default

if its not to much work maybe try a different map every day and make that map 24/7 monitor which days have the most people and go off of that for which 24/7 map to use. Just a thought though

Rage at the Paper More!

4. Default

So here is what maps we run now. Some of these got to go, we need to focus only on popular maps:
    cs_italy
    de_aztec
    de_cbble
    cs_office
    de_chateau
    de_dust2
    de_piranesi
    cs_compound
    de_port
    cs_assault
    cs_office07
    de_contra
    de_cpl_mill
    de_cpl_fire
    cs_assault_2005
    de_vegas_css
    de_inferno_fog
    de_season
    de_frost
    de_inferno_pro
    de_tuscan

There are 21 different maps. I think we can cut cs_office07 and de_inferno_fog.

5. Default

Agree on both of those. I also don't care much for de_port (it seems like a cobbled together map to me) or de_vegas_css (too big and waaaaay too campy).

6. Default

de_chateau
    cs_compound
    de_port
    cs_office07
    de_cpl_fire (always been my least fav of the cpl maps)
    cs_assault_2005 (already have assault)
    de_vegas_css (good for wcs but i feel it's a bit big for pub)
    de_inferno_fog (_pro is much better imo)
    de_tuscan (95% a cpl_mill remake)

those are what i'd cut. of those though, the only one i'm on the fence about is chateau. i've never really liked it, feel like the bombsites are way too far apart, but some people like it.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.