I have begun tonight the first test of a GG DM FFA server. Expect first private tests to be out next week. Currently I am testing on my local system only to get the basic feel that I want using bots to tune everything. We will then preform private testing something next week on the real server.

So far here are the features I am thinking (some have not been tested or developed yet, others have)
  • 4 levels per weapon
  • same level order as existing gg server
  • only 1 kill for knife and nade
  • 10-15 second respawn time
  • gain 25hp per kill (can not exceed 100hp) (not developed or tested yet)
  • bonus (ie over 100hp or armor or something) for 4 kills without death lets say additional 25hp award for a max health of 125 (does not stack) (not tested or developed)
  • 1 common skin for all players (not implemented or tested)
  • infinite round
  • Auto random team (not implemented or tested)
  • Automated balancing, needed to make scoreboard easier to read (not implemented or tested)

So far from my initial tests it is a real blast. I thought that fy_complex would work but it does not have good DM spawns. So instead aim_ag_texture_city_advanced will be the default map, I am sure many will be happy about that...

So what do you all think of the feature list? The health gain is something I will need to develop on my own but I think it is the key along with about 15 sec respawn times to make the FFA aspect of this work without being too crazy. When I tested in a server with bots it was a blast with 10 second respawns but 50% of the bots do not shoot me b/c they think I am on their team. The health regen and longer respawn I think will be the key tools to prevent a spawn spray spawn spray cycle. The FFA aspect will not be fun unless players are able to move around a bit and have survivability. The health regen should address this and I think the lack of such a feature is what has prevented GG DM FFA from being attempted or working on past servers.

I am well aware that GG DM FFA is very rare; however, I believe that together we can find a way to implement these 3 game modes together in ways not previously done to create a fun a unique experience which will being the fastest and most intense CS:S experience physically possible.