Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: GG DM FFA Testing

1. Default

You realize that those are not settings but changes to the core gg plugin itself... I will see what I can do.

Also you do realize that kills are cheep in ffa when you have normal player counts. Or is it that you think that the knife will be too powerful if it removes an entire level.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    You realize that those are not settings but changes to the core gg plugin itself... I will see what I can do.

Also you do realize that kills are cheep in ffa when you have normal player counts. Or is it that you think that the knife will be too powerful if it removes an entire level.
    i think that 4 kills is far too much to take...actually, the current knife can remove anywhere from 4 to 7 kills (get knifed without any kills on a weap, lose 4, bringing you to 0 kills with the previous vs. getting knifed while sitting on 3 kills on your weapon, and ending up with 0 for the previous instead of 3)
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Also Cyber your hockey gif is stupid. at least show the good part.
    did you NOT see the stick steal? -.-
    I guess you just don't have a sense of humor

also aco:
    I personally think that u should in fact lose the entire level (yes, all 7 kills of urs if u were just about to go to the next level)...
    Getting a knife in FFA is not as simple as as gg due to the fact that people are constantly respawning and flanking your ass, or coming back to kill you.
    Not to mention any possible health-steals that proc'd.

The knife should be rewarding to you, and if i got knifed like this, i'd gladly accept such loss because i must have fucked up big time, or been flanked beautifully lol...
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    Except that 3 seconds after your gig ends he scores a goal with the stick of the gy who stole his then waves it in his face which is the actual good part.

I can see where getting knifed and losing a whole four kills worth of lvl would suck. Maybe to the closest half lvl? So if your on the first or second kill you go to zero and if you're on the third or next weapon you go back to two.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

5. Default

Likely what I will do is make it do 4 points not 1 level and your points. This is something I need real players to test b/c the bots will just shoot me and I do not know their level.

But yea you all just had to ask for it, then I could not sleep all night trying to figure out how to code multi point removal properly.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post

also aco:
    I personally think that u should in fact lose the entire level (yes, all 7 kills of urs if u were just about to go to the next level)...
    Getting a knife in FFA is not as simple as as gg due to the fact that people are constantly respawning and flanking your ass, or coming back to kill you.
    Not to mention any possible health-steals that proc'd.

The knife should be rewarding to you, and if i got knifed like this, i'd gladly accept such loss because i must have fucked up big time, or been flanked beautifully lol...
    You're funny Cyber, yesterday steamer got locked at low level because I either stole his gun or he dropped, this is without a populated server so I could see knives all around on a populated one. Also it is kinda Gay when you have a cross map shooting contest and someone pops in and knives your back resulting in loss of all levels and a fucking gun. Ksing with a knife is currently one of the gayest strategies.

7. Default

^ This. The idea of four points only is a good one. Sounds rather balanced to me and just needs testing. Suicide is definitely better at one level and remaining points.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

8. Default

Here is the planned features for GG Knife (the 4th custom plugin developed just for the GG DM FFA server and there is still the 5th one for the models to program lol):
    • Steal 4 points for a knife kill when below knife level
    • Steal only 1 point when on knife level
    • Disabled completely on nade level
    • If player has <4 points will steal what it can
    • If player is L1 P0 then 1 point is awarded but logically no points can be taken

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

does anyone know if the up and down sounds play just for the player or everyone?

9. Default

OK knife plugin is finished and should be working now. I have all messages and effects for it done as well so that it will integrate naturally.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

I will join up test server as soon as I see someone join up to test with.

10. Default

Kill streak gives effects and music, but needs the speed.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones