Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: GG DM FFA Testing

1. Arrow GG DM FFA Testing

Server is up at ggdmffa.ibisgaming.com (address may take a few hours to propagate)
    alt ip: 208.43.70.235

Password is: ibisgg

So far the basic game in test form is implemented. Here is what needs to be tested.
    • all maps (let me know which ones suck and need to be removed)
    • gg spawn camp prevention (there is a counter that will stop when you move out of the range, is the range too short or long, is the timer too short/long is there errors in the timer?) (note effect will be cleaned up a bit later)

So please focus on those things and also report any other problems you find. I will implement more things to test as we go along. (custom models likley later in week)

2. Default

Here is the list of maps to test:
    aim_ag_texture_city_advanced
    aim_ag_texture2
    aim_shadow
    fy_complex
    geek_mspacman
    gg_aim_ag_texture_jungle-l
    gg_aim_shotty
    gg_deagle5
    gg_fy_funtimes
    gg_mario_vs_wario
    gg_natus_v2
    gg_ruins_dawn
    gg_temple_arena
    gg_wmd_cellular
    gg_wmd_pulsar
    knas_Speedcastle64_CSS
    playground_x_s

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Bad maps:
    aim_shadow
    gg_aim_shotty -too small

3. Default

Suicide needs to be dropped to one level considering 4 to rank. Knife should be set to take rank to 0 and only steal if 0.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

4. Default

Yea that was already reduced to 2 but will not take effect until the server is restarted.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Here is the list of maps to test:
    aim_ag_texture_city_advanced
    aim_ag_texture2
    aim_shadow
    fy_complex
    geek_mspacman
    gg_aim_ag_texture_jungle-l
    gg_aim_shotty
    gg_deagle5
    gg_fy_funtimes
    gg_mario_vs_wario
    gg_natus_v2
    gg_ruins_dawn
    gg_temple_arena
    gg_wmd_cellular
    gg_wmd_pulsar
    knas_Speedcastle64_CSS
    playground_x_s

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Bad maps:
    aim_shadow
    gg_aim_shotty -too small
    i think the Hang'em high halo map (huge grey-ish map with 2 teleporters) would be ideal for this kind of server? in gg it's too slow paced and huge, but it might actually work out here considering you can have spawn points all over.
    (sorry i dnt have the map link and actual name memorized, but it's on our gg server)

also, gg_octasky was removed from gg because it was a big map and slow paced,
    i think it might work here too, im suggesting it before actually officially posting an [add] thread since already had it before : http://cssgg.gamebanana.com/maps/145097
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

6. Default

So me and Trigger tried out the server, knifing is a little off one time he was standing infront of me the whole time spun around infront of me and still back knifed me.

Also Warm-up round is a bit long, think its 20 secs a little long, maybe 10? Everything else was good no lag or anything

Loved the random spawn points and the beacon if you camp for 14 secs. So all in all looking good Zero

7. Default

Remember that the beacon is not for camping in general but camping at the location you spawned at.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    i think the Hang'em high halo map (huge grey-ish map with 2 teleporters) would be ideal for this kind of server? in gg it's too slow paced and huge, but it might actually work out here considering you can have spawn points all over.
    (sorry i dnt have the map link and actual name memorized, but it's on our gg server)

also, gg_octasky was removed from gg because it was a big map and slow paced,
    i think it might work here too, im suggesting it before actually officially posting an [add] thread since already had it before : http://cssgg.gamebanana.com/maps/145097
    Ya you'd think huge maps would be better. It would prevent getting spawn camped a lot more.

Also Cyber your hockey gif is stupid. at least show the good part.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

9. Default

remember we need DM maps unless you happen to have the coordinate files for the spawns.

10. Default

KNIFING should give you 2 kills
    BEING KNIFED should take away either 1 kill or 2 kills.

suicide should take away 2 kills.

alternate idea would be to make getting knifed put you back at 0 for your current gun (so you need 4 more kills with that gun, regardless of how many you already had (up to 3)). Knifing someone then gives you a bonus equal to the number of kills taken.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?