19. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

8 42.11%
  • NO, disable radar and minimap

11 57.89%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Show all players on radar

1. Arrow Show all players on radar

To keep the game going and to help learn new maps (b.c some of these are bigger than a normal gg map) we should have everyone show up on radar rather than have no radar. What do you all think?

2. Default

personally i like how it is. makes you have to be more aware of what's around you rather than being spoon fed info from the radar.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

3. Default

is there anyway we could bring up a vote in game to change this?

4. Default

i really didn't like not having a radar... i rely on it in game wayy too much (that and sound, but when u're being flanked by a shooter and a respawner... sound doesn't matter)...

Honestly, i guess the gameplay was more of a team vs team deathmatch instant respawn instead of free for all, but to each their own...

How about if the radar was usually turned off, but ONLY show position for everyone when someone is RESPAWNED?
    this way u'd have to go mostly without radar, and if someone respawned, u wouldn't be flanked by their immune ass...

not to mention that it would encourage that u pay attention when u kill someoen because 5 seconds afterwards, the radar will show everyone for everyone for like 2 seconds and then turn off...

could be an interesting gameplay and middle ground for all...
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

There is only 2 options possible and that is what the choices are. Anything else is physically impossible, this is not a programing limitation or I would fix it, it is an engine limitation from valve that will not be changed.

6. Default

Yes, keeps the pace up. Not unfair since all have advantage.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

7. Default

i can see the reasoning for some maps, like that crypt one i played with zero earlier, but i still think it should be left off. the radar wasn't made to handle respawning during the round, this can be seen in WCS when there's a delay of maybe 5 seconds after someone respawns til they will show up on the minimap. it can be helpful, but i think for DM it gives players who just respawned more of an advantage due to that ~5 second delay before they show up on radar. in the testing i've done, i haven't missed it too much, except on some maps where you have no idea of the layout. however many custom maps don't come with radar maps so it's just red/blue dots on a green background with no info as to where you are on the map itself.

my vote remains to leave it off, at least for the initial release.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

8. Default

I was hoping for some way to be like !radar command (like rtv) to trigger radar, this way we can leave it up to the players and how they feel about the map

9. Default

There would not be a dealy from respawn or at least there should not. Remember that this is different from wcs in that a plugin will be sending all client radar data to all players to ensure it gets there.

I agree with Brett here - I'd say keep it off.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.