Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Frontier

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    that actually looks pretty neat.

Though i would have to test with it before implementing.

update: im planning on building a server that can host two MC servers. The actual world server and a test server. With a 50 down 10 up internet service and 16GB of ram, we should be able to handle mods and a decent player base for starting out. I will be looking into 4 slot server M/B's so that if in the future i decide to upgrade it wont hurt my pockets as much.
    I have a server that is mod ready if you throw me some links to what you want to test I can start looking into them. I have really nothing better to do with my time as of now. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Patmonster View Post
    I have a server that is mod ready if you throw me some links to what you want to test I can start looking into them. I have really nothing better to do with my time as of now. lol.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/.../page__st__740
    Personal reform

3. Default

that actually looks pretty neat.

Though i would have to test with it before implementing.

update: im planning on building a server that can host two MC servers. The actual world server and a test server. With a 50 down 10 up internet service and 16GB of ram, we should be able to handle mods and a decent player base for starting out. I will be looking into 4 slot server M/B's so that if in the future i decide to upgrade it wont hurt my pockets as much.
    I couldn't find the right video I wanted but basically what it is is that you can create and kind of vehicle you want then you put a "control block" in it. Which is a special new item made at the workbench. When you place the control block in your creation, it senses the size and what is part of your creation and allows you to move it. Not sure if it was in this video but you can make elevators and lifts. Just imagine a battleship with functional cannons or an aircraft carrier with actual mother fucking fighters.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

4. Default

We are currently running MCMyAdmin. The first downside I see to running MCMyAdmin though is that you need to pay 10 pounds to have over 8 slots in your server. I love the extra options this one has though. We are making a 3rd testing server right now and will be running MC Server Soft on it. I'll post updates asap as well.
    What mods were you wanting to install? Just link one or two so we have something to test with.

We are currently running MCMyAdmin. The first downside I see to running MCMyAdmin though is that you need to pay 10 pounds to have over 8 slots in your server. I love the extra options this one has though. We are making a 3rd testing server right now and will be running MC Server Soft on it. I'll post updates asap as well.
    What mods were you wanting to install? Just link one or two so we have something to test with.
    Ill want an economy system, if you could test different variants of this along with bukkit. Throw in this zeplinn mod for testing as well, it would make an awesome form of long and safe distance travel and even open up some interesting doors for world PVP.
    Personal reform

6. Default

Ill want an economy system, if you could test different variants of this along with bukkit. Throw in this zeplinn mod for testing as well, it would make an awesome form of long and safe distance travel and even open up some interesting doors for world PVP.
    Okay, after screwing around with MC Server Soft, I found it to be a pain in my ass lol.
    Pros:
    Good GUI
    Updated Regularly
    Builds right into CraftBukkit

Cons:
    Most custom settings do not work as of now. (I will be interested in it in the future though when that works.)
    ONLY works with CraftBukkit
    No server backup/restore

Now, what I recommend for the time being is McMyAdmin. http://mcmyadmin.com/
    It works well with all addon brands, not just CraftBukkit, VERY easy to use because of it's simple GUI. Also you can set backups and restores which I'm sure will help with our griefer problems.
    http://www.mcmyadmin.com/Editions.aspx

You can try out and test with the unpaid version no problem, and just pay the 10 pounds when you want more then 8 people in the server.

I'll start poking around for economy mods now. You looking for money exchange or block exchange? Like you have a cash wallet and you can buy and trade? or blocks are the money?

Okay, after screwing around with MC Server Soft, I found it to be a pain in my ass lol.
    Pros:
    Good GUI
    Updated Regularly
    Builds right into CraftBukkit

Cons:
    Most custom settings do not work as of now. (I will be interested in it in the future though when that works.)
    ONLY works with CraftBukkit
    No server backup/restore

Now, what I recommend for the time being is McMyAdmin. http://mcmyadmin.com/
    It works well with all addon brands, not just CraftBukkit, VERY easy to use because of it's simple GUI. Also you can set backups and restores which I'm sure will help with our griefer problems.
    http://www.mcmyadmin.com/Editions.aspx

You can try out and test with the unpaid version no problem, and just pay the 10 pounds when you want more then 8 people in the server.

I'll start poking around for economy mods now. You looking for money exchange or block exchange? Like you have a cash wallet and you can buy and trade? or blocks are the money?
    cash system would be nice but i like the idea of players needing to work for there wealth. lets go with cash, buying selling blocks ect.
    Personal reform

8. Default

Are you going to have builders? people to create your world? Or is everyone going to start from scratch?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Are you going to have builders? people to create your world? Or is everyone going to start from scratch?
    everyone will start from scratch, including myself. The only people who will have creative mode are players who participate in group project events and for perma creative mode, those who pay $xx amount per month. $xx = 1 month creative mode. Part of the reason all other attempts to start a minecraft failed is because it could not maintain funding.

Edit: also, there will be an application process for becoming moderators/admins.
    Admins will have the ability to ban and remove players for misconduct. Due to admins needing a form of evidence to base a ban on, they will be able to teleport, use fly commands, and invisible commands to catch bad guys in the act.

Moderators will be what the admin is plus more. A moderator will be similar to what a clan member here at IBIS is. for minecraft, they will help with server decisions and managment.

These roles still need to be thought out. A source of income is a must so i do not think i will be changing my mind regarding creative mode.

how does $5.99 for creative mode
    a total of $7.99 for creative mode + admin abilities.
    Last edited by DJ_MikeyRevile; 04-16-2013 at 07:27 AM.
    Personal reform

10. Default

Might work for some people but I know I'm not paying monthly for building mode in minecraft where other servers let you do it for free.