Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: A New Frontier

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Might work for some people but I know I'm not paying monthly for building mode in minecraft where other servers let you do it for free.
    Any suggestions? I dont want players to just HAVE creative mode but would like the server to pay for itself.
    Personal reform

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    Any suggestions? I dont want players to just HAVE creative mode but would like the server to pay for itself.
    Well I like just building shit. So you want something put up somewhere? I can do that. Let the regular people play the way you intend. But if you want random settlements or shops and what not. hell you could even have quests, collect so many whatevers for a reward, what kind of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Well I like just building shit. So you want something put up somewhere? I can do that. Let the regular people play the way you intend. But if you want random settlements or shops and what not. hell you could even have quests, collect so many whatevers for a reward, what kind of thing.
    the quest thing is not a bad idea, moderators would essentially be builders. I think this can work without much abuse as i found a server logger that logs player commands one themselves and on others. auditing these command lines after hearing complaints will be useful for substantiating evidence regarding ban requests.
    Personal reform

Pan, if you seriously are testing out mods, here are a few i feel are essential in making what i plan happen.

http://www.curse.com/server-mods/minecraft/clearlagg

http://www.curse.com/server-mods/minecraft/worldguard

take a look into this
    http://www.curse.com/server-mods/minecraft/essentials

im looking for a permissions mod that will allow me to create unique levels of membership to the server
    example

Along with a ranking system for the players.

Also check out McMMO
    Personal reform

5. Default

The server admin tool we are using MC My Admin has a sorta built in permissions tool. We haven't actually tested it out yet though.

Edit: It's suppose to work with Bukkit lol
    Last edited by Patmonster; 04-17-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patmonster View Post
    The server admin tool we are using MC My Admin has a sorta built in permissions tool. We haven't actually tested it out yet though.

Edit: It's suppose to work with Bukkit lol
    is it not working with bukkit?
    Personal reform

7. Default

The admin tool works AWESOME with bukkit. You can download and install mods directly from the tool. We just haven't tested permissions yet. Should work though. I will post tonight/tomorrow when I have tested some of those mods + permissions. Got caught up with shit to do today

Edit again : if you ever want to see a mod just let us know and we will PM you the ip and put u in the white list

Quote Originally Posted by Patmonster View Post
    The admin tool works AWESOME with bukkit. You can download and install mods directly from the tool. We just haven't tested permissions yet. Should work though. I will post tonight/tomorrow when I have tested some of those mods + permissions. Got caught up with shit to do today

Edit again : if you ever want to see a mod just let us know and we will PM you the ip and put u in the white list
    also, do you know of any good programs that let me edit world terrain and create buildings. I get like 10-15 fps while actually playing MC, it blows. If there is like a 3D grid editor that allows me to create buildings hen import them as schematics, that would be awesome!
    Personal reform

9. Default

keeeping up with server and mods and stuff is not as easy as it looks.... you all know i started running a server for a while and RL stuff happens and shit gets to busy (from grandfather dieing to moving so many times and shit)to keep up with So I passed it on to rezel and others it lasted for a while but getting a server to stick and stay active can be alot of work specially for minecraft if you cant dedicate the hours.

But good luck mikey. If you need advice let me know but im not going to try to do all that mess again

10. Default

I don't know of any off the top of my head. If you want to create large buildings and don't have an army of slaves to do so, you can use World Edit. They offer it for single and multiplayer. It's pretty much an easy way to place blocks in different patterns with one click. So you can build huge walls and stuff like that. Normal stuff that would take you hours to do would just take you about 5-10min. We are actually using that in a project we are making in our server atm and that's why I haven't been able to test fully the mods you want.

So that really wouldn't fix your fps problem at all atm, but it could be a very useful tool in the future.