Thread: ZM server and escape maps

1. Default ZM server and escape maps

This post is directed mainly at Zero, but I suppose any admin can help; is it possible for IBIS to have a seperate ZM server specifically for escape maps, or take some of these map types off of the rotation?

90% of the time that I decide to turn on CS and check the IBIS server, it's either on boat escape, lost world, or atix heli. The maps are fun for a while, but it's the same thing over and over of people running to the end and generally being assholes to one another.

Considering that the server is playing one 4/5 times that I check, I strongly believe that there could be a seperate IBIS server dedicated to escape maps, while leaving the original with some new maps to take the place of extremely overplayed escape maps. If not, can we at least move them farther down on the rotation? I don't even load into the server anymore if I see that it is on an escape map(4/5 times that I check CS) and usually I have 3-6 friends that come/don't come with me.

Edit: Also, on the IBIS Zm server, when a player uses the 'nominate' command for an RTV, the choices are always the same, and there is no way to cycle through them(It's something like 3 versions of lila panic, space and boat escape, and 2 other maps that I can't remember the names of every time).
    Last edited by throtic; 01-29-2009 at 04:35 PM.

2. Default

if my memory servers me correctly there was once a server to be set up just for Escape maps but i don't think it really kicked off.

as for the nominate maps i 100% agree

3. Default

Oh god.
    I'm beyond sick of ATIX and Lostworld, I could run through both with my eyes closed. (that's an exaggeration of course ).
    Really though, we either need new maps or some way of removing the shitty ones.

4. Default

well, when i hop in ZM we usually never play ZE lol...ive played boat escape a couple of times on the server( which is the only ZE i like out of the three).I think we should try it if we can, but if it doesn't get much traffic then at least maybe swap out lost world and ATIX and put in maybe 4 or 5 more ZE maps to give a little more options if we can find some decent ones.
    FIRE FIRE FIRE!

5. Default

Just went through the zm server map list and found a bunch of horrible maps you could get rid of zero.

ze_tv_station_v2
    zm_escape_bridge_v1d
    zm_ghs_officepanic
    ze_icecave_escape_fixed
    zm_hospitalv4
    ze_canal_escape
    zm_vc2_citybrawl_b1
    zm_subway
    zm_city_graveyard
    zm_echo_crisis_b1
    zm_vc2_officerampageb8
    zm_vc2_officeattack_b5a
    ze_blackmesa_escape_final
    ze_rooftop_runaway_extended_v6
    zm_bridge_run_v1
    zm_ruined_town
    zm_city19_intel
    cs_assault
    ZM_Bio_FEAR
    cs_office
    de_dust2
    de_nuke
    zm_boatescape2_redux
    cs_compound
    zm_boatescape3_sn
    cs_havana
    cs_militia
    de_dust
    zm_hotel
    de_aztec
    de_port
    de_train
    de_tides

6. Default

kavinsky are u admin now er somethin?

7. Default

I really think u guy should add novum but there are certain types of novum and it does make a diffrence and what they are and yes im gay

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    kavinsky are u admin now er somethin?
    no, but you broke my heart.

I HATE YOU.

9. Default

sorry holly i've just gotten sick of zm, synergys abit more fun (and has the badly needed mute players feature that ibis lacks)