Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin

1. Default Shingeki no Kyojin

Yeah... if you aren't watching this, you should be. You owe it to yourself to have seen at least the first five episodes of this dark, gory, and twisted shounen. I have picked up the manga in my impatience for episode 6. Interesting enough, animation director Kyoji Asano (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Kimi ni Todoke, Guilty Crown, Psycho Pass) appears to have copied the manga's art style; whether this is good or not depends on the you, but, alongside the atmosphere and plot, the art works to set this show apart from the others.

OMG DAT EPISODE 5. WE NEED SPOILER TAGS

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

2. Default

Read the manga for a few months so i know it's good but haven't had time to watch the anime. How's the animation and censoring?
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'

3. Default

yeah im up to it but i was so confused on what happened on last episode i was like how u gana kill that person.
    so after this latest episode i was wondering what do u guys think is going to happen next ep?
    Last edited by taz1stP; 05-11-2013 at 09:47 PM.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live or die on this day.
    Live or die on this day.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenix View Post
    Read the manga for a few months so i know it's good but haven't had time to watch the anime. How's the animation and censoring?
    I've only heard small pockets of protest against the animation and art done for the show. Another manga reader and I, on the other hand, have found the animation to be very satisfying. I don't think the 3D maneuver can be fully appreciated in the manga.

On that note, he said that the anime adaption has less blood and gore than the manga, but I didn't notice any significant adjustments from reading scans. But I am an amateur manga reader after all; I forgot that each panel would be relatively less detailed

Taz, I would have speculated with you but I am already on chapter 16 in the manga

5. Default

its cool man but was wondering if anyone else had any ideas

Once more into the fray.
    Live or die on this day.
    Live or die on this day.

6. Default

after i have watched last ep i was like wtf did i miss are they like robots or something

Once more into the fray.
    Live or die on this day.
    Live or die on this day.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by taz1stP View Post
    robots
    Really, Taz?

yea... most deff amazing. Already to ep 20.
    Personal reform