Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Semo<ibis.a>" Admin abuse, NS2 Server

1. Default "Semo<ibis.a>" Admin abuse, NS2 Server

Admin's INGAME name: Semo <ibis.a>
    You're INGAME name: StixNStonz
    Server: IBISGaming.com NS2#1 DC
    Map: NS2_Summit
    Date & Time: May 19th, 6:15ish

Abuse: I'm not 100% certain it was him, but he was the only IBIS tagged player. He would reset the round mid-match whenever he felt like it. In NS2 the game can sometimes sway one way, and there is a Vote Concede option available for teams to use to give up, but people hadn't voted and this admin apparently decided to use his powers to make a new match. This happened three times consecutively, I believe. Many people were complaining and saying that it made them blacklist this server.

2. Default

Resetting the round mid match is a dick move, if it's over use the surrender function, wait till the 10 minute mark to surrender, or just F4.

Logs aren't that helpful but you can see the rage boiling at the one marked for 6:45:00 PM at Tram today.

Also, logs capture text in chat, not voice.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

3. Default

I think this may be the first abuse thread for NS2 we've gotten.

I don't see anywhere a hashed out rules page but I assume since it's pub you don't really need much since the game is being played the way it's suppose to me (unlike GG or other mods where there are unforeseen issues.)

At this point the best course of action I could see is to talk to the admin in question and inform him that, while there's no rules set in stone, being a cunt doesn't facilitate the gaming experience and could hurt the status of the server, and therefore will not be tolerated.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I think this may be the first abuse thread for NS2 we've gotten.

I don't see anywhere a hashed out rules page but I assume since it's pub you don't really need much since the game is being played the way it's suppose to me (unlike GG or other mods where there are unforeseen issues.)

At this point the best course of action I could see is to talk to the admin in question and inform him that, while there's no rules set in stone, being a cunt doesn't facilitate the gaming experience and could hurt the status of the server, and therefore will not be tolerated.
    A legit post from Nem with only one swear word...wtf? Am I high?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    I thought I was drunk. Still, oddly thoughtful and agreeable.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
    I disagree. "Cunt" is a great descriptive word and conveys meaning much easier than others.
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

7. Default

This is very strange b/c I am the only one who has access to that command...

I will check the logs when I get a chance and try to figure out what is wrong.

8. Default

Someone buy me admin. I'll show you all how to be an admin.
    thx for all the opinions and advice ppl... aside from rage lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Think of the reserved slot as a vip ticket to the club. You get to go past the line and kick someone out of the club so you can get in. However if on your way to the club some fat ass gets stuck in the door when the bouncer goes to check him then you got to wait for the fire department to cut his fat ass out of the door before you can get in.

9. Default

Mental note to self and public note to Zero. Don't let Rage buy admin and don't let anyone else buy it for him. He's a fail admin before he's a fail admin.

10. Default

I was actually a damn good admin. Had admin for a believe a year and although I had a few aboose threads, I never actually committed any abuse. I made the ZM server fun when it was full of fucking idiots. I'd spend whole maps in spec making sure everything was done fair and no one cheated.... regardless of how involved i wanted to be. And when the cool kids were on, id use the powers to make the game that much more fun. Then an influx of children buying admin drove me to the breaking point and i said fuck that. Switched to the more mature GG server and never looked back.

SO take that mental note and shove it. I've done nothing but good for the IBIS servers.
    thx for all the opinions and advice ppl... aside from rage lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Think of the reserved slot as a vip ticket to the club. You get to go past the line and kick someone out of the club so you can get in. However if on your way to the club some fat ass gets stuck in the door when the bouncer goes to check him then you got to wait for the fire department to cut his fat ass out of the door before you can get in.