0 0%
  • no

6 42.86%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Mafia Sign ups

1. Default

Tom post 1 mafia game and now it's all the rage apparently

2. Default

Read this bcos that's my last post for a while.

When we finished the roman mafia game.
    I went and i closed the thread because we were done with the game, i had already posted the night scenes, and i figured that the thread was gonna derail (as all ibis threads) to a flame war between sore losers, members, and the mods... the same way Tom's thread did.

I made the decision to close the thread so that we can move to the next game (which was supposed to be Tom's GoT game)...
    The delay in that setup made blade do his own thing... and with the response i saw in blade's thread, i learned that no matter what we do as mods, people will never be happy... and people will keep questioning shit ... especially the losers... hell ... i did.
    and nemesis keeps doing it ...and so do others..

so before we even think about making another new game... no matter who the mod is, you guys (and myself) need to learn smthn from our mistakes...

so i went ahead and asked clan to reopen theRoman Mafia Threadso that u guys can discuss what went wrong, and point out any things u wish we could have done better so that we learn from ur feedback and u learn from ours...
    GO THERE. it's open.

No point in making any more mafia games if we keep creating problems in each game without learning... if it's gonna cause co-mods to never talk to eachother again bcos of misunderstandings...

What had a lot to talk about for you guys, to tell you where people excelled and where they fucked up, and i apologize to him for closing the thread without consulting him first... i sometimes make stupid decisions that don't seem that harmful at the time.... instead, it made him look like crap when others were talking to him and he wanted to reply on a closed thread...

What was a gd co-mod, he did his best, he followed the rules, and he had to endure me and my mistakes ffs... that's saying a lot.
    You guys need to show some understanding, not to me, but for him bcos i let him down a few times simply bcos i got bored of arguing with nemesis and aco and others in a circular arguement that wasn't going anywhere bcos we're all fuckjobs and stubborn as fuck....

im giving What the chance to do his thing, meanwhile, im out of this mafia crap until things are resolved...

When i first wanted to mod these, it was to have fun and keep the community active... but if shit's gonna cause problems between members and friends...bcos ppl are sore losers or show offs... its not worth it .

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

fucking forums broke my post -.-.

1 last thing... The nemesis-What thing?
    all full of shit.
    i don't have anything against nem or anyone, but nemesis claimed that What intentionally didn't let aco get recruited by nem in the game.

that's not true. and Nem knows that.
    I had Tom erdenay keep a backup of every possible trigger i could think of before the game. and we had decided on that ruling that aco was unrecruiteablle long before nem was the cult.. and long before What and nem had their arguements on tom's thread...
    and What didn't just go and said "fuck nem, let's screw him over"... we followed the triggers we had...
    In fact.. What did what was supposed to do, and it's to tell nemesis to not question him bcos that would be revealing info... and we talked before about cornering the mod with questions... it's a no no... but noooooooooo... nem wouldn't let go and he kept bashing heads with What instead of trusting in him, bcos NEM had a personal issue with What...

What sent me his private messages with nem, and so did nem... it's funny bcos What wasn't a dick to nem and covering his ass... he was responding to nemesis being... well... nemesis. the same we all do.
    i wanted to say that before but this got lost in soo much debate that i never had the chance to confirm what's words...

Nem thought otherwise and called What Bs... i talked to him privately and proved him otherwise because he went behind us to talk to Tom and ask him if that was legit.
    Tom had the proof on him and showed nemesis that our ruling was decided before hand and that no mod-manipulation was involved with aco's crap... now again, it was probably dumb to not have aco recruited bcos that's a first? but that's not ur fucking problem, that's ours. the same way blade made his arsenist a mafia member... all mods have their own thing... don't call What bs just bcos it didn't go ur way...

So yeah... the funny part is that Nem KNEW that i proved him wrong.. and Tom showed him that we didnt manipulate his crap and we told him to let it go and move along... instead.. he keeps all THAT shit private and goes on putting lies out there about What and never retracting them...
    so for those questioning him? stfu and stop being an idiot... ask tom for ur proof, im done argueing about this.

What wants to discuss further? by all means, he earned the right, and let him have a ball with u guys to prove nem and others wrong... but im out of all that useless shit that always happens in ibis bcos of ppl being butthurt.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

I'm out of town right now so I can't post walls with my phone but what cyber said is pretty much a lie. Ill post more tonight or tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

4. Default

The IBIS community, like most communities on the internet, has a vice and that vice is pride. Consequently, obstinance and pigheaded quarreling will continue to be the nature of the game until everyone embraces humbleness and practices humility. I hate typing on phones.

cyber is trying really hard to throw nem under the bus. It is odd, if no wrong was done you should not have to wall of text justify yourself or actions.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_MikeyRevile View Post
    cyber is trying really hard to throw nem under the bus. It is odd, if no wrong was done you should not have to wall of text justify yourself or actions.
    What scrib says holds 100% truth. It shines brighter in a few select people then most. Poor sportsmanship and repetitive insults ruin these games.

Also, cyber.. you speak as if you control all ibis members ability to play mafia games.....

Id also like to point out how during your game, what power housed and swung his cock like he was some god. Messaging me in attempts to control me and my contribution to the game. If you are a mod and give a time guideline.. dont harass your players because they choose to honor your "48 hours to send in actions/make a lynch"

This all has little to do with the players and alot more to do with the mods knowing how to be efficient leaders.

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

what needs to learn to be less insulting and admit when he is wrong.

Cyber needs to not be so emotional over some forum games, that for the most part... are enjoyed by all. I dont think nem can deny not having a pretty fair time playing that last game. Im almost certain that when summer officially hits and players have more time to participate in these games, they will be much better. In the mean time cyber, i dont think it is alllll of ussss that needs to change but rather you who needs to change.
    Last edited by DJ_MikeyRevile; 05-26-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    Personal reform

6. Default

I have to wholeheartedly agree with Scribble. Drama may be commonplace in IBIS but that is no excuse for being a sore loser.

Granted, in my game I rushed people to give me their night actions. But that was only because they were either one of two or the last one to send in their actions.

i mean no disrespect in the above statements. If a synopsis of each player is what you want, then ill give it a go. It will be very brief.

Chikun: He is clever and his ability to make the right call is astounding. The issue though is that he lacks in his ability to persuade other players into trusting his claims and calls on other players.

Nem: Is extremely clever and knows how to manipulate a game in his favor. His issue lies in his inability to cooperate from time to time, along side constant conflict and arguing.

Cyber: Generally makes the right call but can easily persuade people to follow the opposite with his giant jumbled posts. Being more convicted with your decision making will hep you as a player and even more as a leader/mod.

What: Same caliber of player as nem, with an added ability to control a conversation, preventing that conversation from swaying in the wrong direction. Downfalls maybe be due to insults/superiority complex, coupled with underestimating opponents and players.

Scribb: Hasnt really played much as he has been one of the first to go but feel his cunning and leadership qualities would prove formidable if given a chance to make it past day 2....

Masskid: Just likes being the first to die, good at manipulating the masses right off the bat then hanging low. Downfall is choosing to target himself by makeing scens.

Blackmage: Very good at deductive reasoning and using it to persuade players

Brett: Very good at randomly being chosen as mafia, at keeping a low profile, and defending himself.

i forget others and leave myself out of this for others to say.

Also one more thing

first, blade. Forcing players hands like that dosnt help. For example, in your game, being able to hold off tell the last min to send in my actions is a strategy. Example. If all three of us had been living come day 4, i was going to wait to send in the kill action until all three of us were online at the exact same time, then quick lynch a town. being able to manipulate and control the night and day phases with intentional stalling is a viable stratagey that should not be thwarted becuase others cry.

Also, cyber, i have a pretty simple solution for you. create a rule for future mafia games. the rule is as follows.

rules!!1
    1. wsegaegh
    2. wsdgsgweh
    3. wegg
    4. You role is your role, your ability description will hold everything you need to know about your role. any question asked about your ability or role will be ignored. If questions persist punishment shall be mod kill.

I think from now on, being more descriptive with your ability and role descriptions is needed to prevent things like what happened in your game.
    if there is a hidden modifier, then it is exactly what it entails... HIDDEN.
    here is an example of a role description.

Role: Bob,
    Town Doctor
    Ability: You reserve the right to protect any player of your choosing from a gun shot kill. You may use this ability on only 1 person a night on as many nights as you are alive.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to town have been eliminated.
    Last edited by DJ_MikeyRevile; 05-26-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    Personal reform

8. Default

I think more clear descriptions on roles and less reliance on a wiki that contains numerous bullshit abilities would make a cleaner game. Less use of it as a bible and more use of it as a reference would seem to be ideal.

Thank you for the compliment Mikey, you play well also.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

9. Default

There is nothing wrong with Hidden modifiers or roles. Certain roles need to be hidden, such as Judas, or those roles could never be used. Modifiers also make for a more interesting game. Part of the fun is trying to figure out the modifiers.
    For instance in Blade's game, I was a weak doctor. Had someone I protected died at night I would have to think of why they may have happened and adjust my game accordingly. If such modifiers were not hidden, such as Insane Cop or Naive doctor, there would be no point in having them. There is nothing wrong with making a game more complex.
    That being said, people really need to calm down and pay attention to the rules. People have a tendency to start yapping and reveal too much info after a vote for a lynch reaches its max amount, but what this does is screw over the mods who need to scramble to get you to shut up so they have time to write a scene and send info if a hidden role or ability has come into play. As long as all hidden roles and modifiers are recorded and sent to a third party, like we did with tom and I think Blade did as well, there is no problem, no manipulation, no issues.

Also The type of player someone is in no way reflects the type of mod that person is. When I modded I never once used profanity in a PM or talked down to anyone. Did I have to post things in the thread to get people to shut up once in awhile? Yes. Could that be interpreted as me being a douche? Possibly, but the only way to assure that information is not leaked is to put up a blank wall of standard text and warnings, or else you may do what Blade did and at night post "there are no hidden roles" in response to Brett's complaints, which appear unfounded by the way. While this didn't come into play instances like that is why I tried to keep a tight leash on Cyber from posting things in the thread, especially when he was arguing with people for how long it took Jesus to rise which IMO would seem to immediately confirm that yes something funny will happen to Jesus in the game. Overall people need to just have fun, and calm the fuck down until the end of the game. You may think you knew what was going on while you were alive, and you may think your death reveals something else, but it doesn't. Just sit back and enjoy the ride and talk afterwards. People assume too often that the mod is playing the game along with everyone, when I have yet to see a case of this happening. A mod simply creates something and watches it develop, and attempts to keep people in line so what they worked on isnt ruined or shit all over.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

10. Default

*Cough* Roman thread is locked again *cough*

One problem we have is that we have a small group of people. Between the 4 games, we've had 20 participants, including Tom, with at least 3 only being in one of the games.

On the modding side of thing, I strongly disagree with short days. It kills conversation. It forces rash decisions instead of well thought out ones. Well, unless it's C9 and there's not much to discuss.

As an aside on mods sending messages, I didn't notice till after the game that Cyber had posted on my steam comments page that I hadn't sent in my night action. Mods probably shouldn't be posting things like that in public places. Reduces the number of fake claims I could make.

I agree with Chikun, people need to realize that the wiki is a guide, not a rulebook. Mafia abilities can be anything the GMs want. Hidden abilities are always a possibility. Red herrings too. Just because you see a counter doesn't mean what it counters is in the game. Another thing to realize is, mafiascum is not the only version of Mafia. Mods can pull roles from a variety of places.

On my thoughts on people, they will learn. People will learn to be more devious. They'll learn how to make themselves not be good targets for mafia. They'll learn what makes a good lynching target first couple of days. What they choose for each of these things will be different person to person. As long as people keep grudges out, I really don't care what they're doing, as long as they're doing something. That, and they need to shut up at night.

Mikey: IMO "Rule 4" would be a BAD rule. Mods are human, they make mistakes. Sometimes, roles are not totally clear. Mods may leave something out on accident. However, something like "How any role interacts with anything else" would work.

What, the fact that people need to send the information to stop manipulation is a sad reflection that the players think that would happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.