View Poll Results: Are you interested in a Vanilla Mafia Game?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, less bullshit.

3 50.00%
  • No, I'm tired of mafia.

1 16.67%
  • I will but not with you modding.

2 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just A Vanilla Mafia Game

1. Default Just A Vanilla Mafia Game

I want your honest opinion. Would you be interested in playing a Vanilla Mafia game?

2-3 people get Power Roles. Everyone else is VT or Mafia Goon. The roles are designed to be a fair as possible for both sides. No bullshit 3rd parties. No modifiers. Just good old intelligence.

Mod intervention is non-existant other than posting day and night results and mod-killing if need be.

Players: 9 requied, 10-11 optional

Playing:
    Scribble
    Sin
    Tom
    Last edited by BladeTwinSwords; 06-18-2013 at 02:35 PM.

2. Default

As long as you do not pull that stunt you did in the space game.

3. Default

Scribble, there is no bullshit in a Vanilla Mafia game. Whatever role you get sent is EXACTLY what it does. Granted you don't get the fancy powers and you will more than likely be VT or Goon, but honestly...Mafia game never was about superpowers. You had to use your brains and read people.

4. Default

I am familiar with vanilla mafia games, that is not my complaint. Power roles did not ruin the last game, you did. Mod intervention is meant to be limited and it is NEVER meant to reveal information the way you did.

Ever heard of smoke and mirrors? You took that away the moment you said there were no post restrictions and that is why I feel the need to make this point.

5. Default

I have to admit that posting at 3am when I'm normally sleeping wasn't the best option. I letting Nemesis handle the night shift while I did the day shift but I decided to have a complete lapse in judgment and post when I'm tired.

6. Default

I will dwell on this and decide after work.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

7. Default

A few other things. Would you all like the roles to be known to everyone?

I also want to implement what I like to call Haste Mode. Time limit for the Day Phase is unlimited until someone has at least half of the required votes for lynching. When that happens, I set a deadline to 48 hours. This ensures that there is plenty of time for debating and no one is in a rush but if need be, people can force a deadline.

Assuming day phases will actually give time to discuss and assuming that what Scribs mentioned won't happened, I'm game.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

9. Default

The only thing I will be posting is flavor text and modkilling on the FIRST offense.

Like I said, Day Phase will have unlimited time until someone gets half of the required votes to lynch. (So if 5 is needed to lynch, then 3 votes will activate Haste Mode). Day 1 will naturally be the longest since Mafia cannot quickforce Haste Mode. Night Phase will simply be turn in your actions in a TIMELY manner.

Roles to Expect In a 9 Player Game:

Vanilla Townie x5 (Guaranteed)
    Mafia Goon x1 (Guaranteed)

Roles to Expect In a 10 Player Game:

Mafia Goon x1 (Guaranteed)
    Mafia Traitor x1 (Guaranteed) (If the Mafia Faction is dead, the Traitor may then kill)

Roles to Expect In a 11 Player Game:

Mafia Goon x2 (Guaranteed)

10. Default

Faggots.

I'll play.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.