Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Definitive Mafia Thread/Role Wiki

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmage View Post
    Lightning rod is used mostly to make it "nightless" for a bit, make it pure reasoning during day. Until doc or rod dies, you've got a free pass. Giving the mafia a delayed kill means you've only got so long. Giving them a one shot strongman means he dies night two. If you allow roleblock to happen before rod triggers, it can be nullified. Giving them a day kill means they can remove him without lynching him. Day kill possibility also means he can't just claim. LRod just needs to be realized while you're making the setup.
    This is why the ability should be activated. It just marks the player with certain death after the first night or even on that night if mafia has a strongman.

Unless town has a watcher there isn't going to really be any information gathering and therefore little reasoning.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

2. Default

Which is why I listed a few non-certain death ones. Roleblocker only kills him if they target the doctor, or they roleblock and kill the same person WITHOUT the doctor also targeting them. It also can take a while to find the right person to block. Day kill only works if you find one of the right people.

Also, a watcher, a sensor, a lie detector all can work. And that's just using what's in this list. Most people have to make decisions based upon no information anyway, the whole town does if the cop dies. You just have to figure out if someone needs lynched. Such as, anyone calling for mass claim is a good choice in this setup.

But all I'm trying to show is LRod can be used effectively as an auto, all you need to do is give people the right tools. Should it be used often? No. But then that's why it's in the uncommon roles section.

Related: Might want to break roles down more and make a rarely used section too. For roles that aren't bastard, but do require some thought when adding them to the mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

3. Default

All I'm saying is that a lot less thought would be required in making sure a game isn't made in a retarded fasion or need bastard modding if it was an activated ability.

Tastes like your moms kisses.

4. Default

Looks good. Copy/paste of Epicmafias character page lol

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

5. Default

That's the idea Sin. Add a few from Mafia Scum and most from Epic Mafia.

6. Default

Two things, first the Bodyguard should not be a 50% chance of either, it should be a sure thing.

Second, the bomb should kill whoever is targeting that player along with the killer, so if a doc is protecting the bomb and the bomb is targeted for a kill, all three players die unless otherwise stated by the mod.

I also want to say that I am 100% against post restrictions on players. This game is for fun and I think it's stupid to limit what people can say throughout the course of the game. This doesn't include the silencer role.
    I would like to see something come that there will never be post restrictions in a game, what do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/

7. Default

wait, we've been using Epicmafia?

i've been basing everything off of mafiascum, since that's the resource we were given.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Aco, you weren't wrong in that assumption. While we've been using a combination of the two, it's been mostly scum. Most, if not all, roles from epic that we've been using have an equivalent on scum. Most of nomenclature is also from scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO
    Your aim will be somewhat impacted although testing showed this to have minimal impact on ability to kill stuff b/c you all suck at aiming anyways.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Two things, first the Bodyguard should not be a 50% chance of either, it should be a sure thing.

Second, the bomb should kill whoever is targeting that player along with the killer, so if a doc is protecting the bomb and the bomb is targeted for a kill, all three players die unless otherwise stated by the mod.

I also want to say that I am 100% against post restrictions on players. This game is for fun and I think it's stupid to limit what people can say throughout the course of the game. This doesn't include the silencer role.
    I would like to see something come that there will never be post restrictions in a game, what do you think?
    actually nem.. if the doc was protecting the bomb... the bomb wouldnt die in the first place... lol

but if a roleblocker or a framer or a cop was targetting the bomb... they die.
    some ppl also put a max of "5" retaliations, able to cut through up to 5 people and their uses 1 of the 5 per bulletproof... but i dnt like that ... it defies the logic of a bulletproof...
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

10. Default

Also, Serial Killer shouldn't show up on a gunsmith investigation. Serial Killer usually uses a knife, so they should be immune from that investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by maynard View Post
    Nem, if you want to make racist jokes and shit all the time, fine.
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2010/07/02/nemesis/nemesis-jpg/