Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Again with the "Unwritten" Rules

1. Default Again with the "Unwritten" Rules

Forreal, some of the admin's need to read the rules for Zombie, and read the illegal cade spot thread and what's legal. Especially if you are a regular admin in the zombie server, KNOW YOUR SHIT.
    Last night I saw 4 unlawful slays because they were told about an "unwritten" rule. I'm not going to report anything or anyone, just know your fucking shit before you start confusing other admins/players.
    For example, there is no set number of people under the monitor in zm_miniature_room.

Rules:
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...-Zm-Rules-v2.9
    Illegal/Legal Cade spots:
    http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/for...l-Cading-Spots

If you do not know a certain rule for a certain map or anything other rules, ask in forums, ask me, ask anex, rezel, steamer.
    For admin's who cannot get in a cade because you're not skilled enough, don't make up bs rules because you cannot get in.

This is commonly known as "knowing your shit" and "knowing you're shit".

2. Default

A couple days ago I heard of a rule where you are apparently not allowed to follow people around or you will get banned, what? Its a piss off when you get followed by noobs but to start banning people over this is just retarded. The worst part is its the summer so we have a handful of new players that got admin, but still have not taken the time to actually learn our rules.
    "To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea," Siv During Livh, a psychologist and expert

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by B1ackOut View Post
    A couple days ago I heard of a rule where you are apparently not allowed to follow people around or you will get banned, what? Its a piss off when you get followed by noobs but to start banning people over this is just retarded. The worst part is its the summer so we have a handful of new players that got admin, but still have not taken the time to actually learn our rules.
    LOL i actually heard this the other day too hahahahah. I think we were in game same time hahahah. That's too funny.

4. Default

Hum well the last time i read the rules phil a crouch spot is only aloud to have 2 people per way in, the monitor is a crouch is it not? so how is this not a rule?
    Allowed - As a human, this does not apply to zombies

Tube <-----
    Crawl Spaces <-----
    An area when its player limit has been exceeded
    Only two people are allowed per tube
    Only two people are allowed per vent opening

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Omegxkid View Post
    Hum well the last time i read the rules phil a crouch spot is only aloud to have 2 people per way in, the monitor is a crouch is it not? so how is this not a rule?
    Allowed - As a human, this does not apply to zombies

Tube <-----
    Crawl Spaces <-----
    An area when its player limit has been exceeded
    Only two people are allowed per tube
    Only two people are allowed per vent opening
    The monitor crouch entrance fits more than 1 person at a time, 2 people side by side, so it's not limited entrance space. Now, if a human gets too close to the monitor opening on the right side or middle, a zombie can tag him or her. Although it is not an entrance spot, a zombie can easily can tag a human like that. Therefore, you should not be telling people it's 4 people max.

If two deformed were to get in there, nobody would stand a chance. 4, 5, 6 even 10 humans under there.
    You're thinking if there is only 1 single entrance crawl spot, and only 1 person can get in and out at a time. Yes, then that would be deemed illegal, in this case, it's open man.

6. Default

I still think admins enforcing that "two under a crouch spot per entrance," rather than "two per tube," ought to get blunt trauma to the head. Though, for some that is no fault of their own -- the damage was done when it was implemented, and confused admins still carried out the bad rule and passed it down to posterity. As old players know, the rule goes to utter shit as it was never practical in the first place. Player limit is a judgement call that many admins fuck up for some fascinating reason. Note. Judgement. Trying to apply the same damn rule for tubes to crawl spaces is moronic.

Finer text:
    • Only two people are allowed per tube
    • Only two people are allowed per vent opening
    Crawl space, where?

Think this is at least the third time I've said this: the rule is to protect the humans from each other, not make it easier on the zombies.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by phil.™ View Post
    The monitor crouch entrance fits more than 1 person at a time, 2 people side by side, so it's not limited entrance space. Now, if a human gets too close to the monitor opening on the right side or middle, a zombie can tag him or her. Although it is not an entrance spot, a zombie can easily can tag a human like that. Therefore, you should not be telling people it's 4 people max.

If two deformed were to get in there, nobody would stand a chance. 4, 5, 6 even 10 humans under there.
    You're thinking if there is only 1 single entrance crawl spot, and only 1 person can get in and out at a time. Yes, then that would be deemed illegal, in this case, it's open man.
    the rule is also for balance purposes. too many humans under there is unfair. the rule clearly states 2 people per crouch spot opening. under the monitor is a crouch spot, and has one opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    the rule is also for balance purposes. too many humans under there is unfair. the rule clearly states 2 people per crouch spot opening. under the monitor is a crouch spot, and has one opening.
    True, it can be unfair if too many humans are in one spot, but it can also be dangerous. For example, under the monitor, usually about 6-8 humans go under there, which is pretty hard to get into. Now, say 10 humans go in there, lot more crowded, and some douche bag will get too close to the entrance. It only takes that 1 zombie who knows how to parachute into the crawl spot, and one zombie will tag the other. Just like under the stage in highschool_tx. It sucks, but it can easily be taken over by zombies.

Anywho, to close if it's legal or not for no more than 4 people under the monitor, aNex has confirmed there is no set limit under the monitor.

9. Default

I was sure the rule for two people per vent entrance was in relation to tubes and vents, places where there was more breathing space and could fit more people were exempt from this rule. I thought it was created to protect the humans inside from overcrowding as to many people is suicide. This rule taken as 2 people per crouch entrance, regardless of the size of the chamber and the passage would counteract rules that already exist, such as roy the ship where the rule specifically states that 4 people are allowed whereas there is only 1 crouch entrance to the location. Areas such as under the moniter are not vents and should not abide by a rule that is specific to vents and tubes, areas where only 1 person may enter at a time and remain in the same order as they entered with their sides touching the walls and ceiling.
    "To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea," Siv During Livh, a psychologist and expert

10. Default

my $0.02, as if it matters, 2 players per vent opening means for a vent space, as stated to protect humans so they don't get a tag train running out the end of the vent. balance you say? on any zm map, a good cade in the right spot is unbreakable, so by nature it's imbalanced.

my word doesn't carry much if any weight in zm but this is juuuuust how i see it. i also know that if there's a generally agreed upon rule, it can be implemented on an unwritten basis, though it does need to be brought to the attention of the powers that be so that it may be written.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.