Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ZERO Viruses in the ads or something

1. Default ZERO Viruses in the ads or something

I just got a pop up by my antivirus when I came here saying it blocked a rootkit endpoint. Just saying.

2. Default

On what page where?

3. Default

Main page when I first got on. The ad on the side was some Google ad that IO7 or something in it (which I find really weird considering the IOS 7 is the latest apple iphone/ipad updates)

4. Default

Ok so it was on the main page. What makes you think it came from that ad and what anti virus are you using?

5. Default

my virus detection picked some shit up out of nowhere like an hour ago, didn't think much of it at the time other than it being really odd.... wouldn't be surprised if it's related 2 this as it's the first time in years it's gone off... I don't do anything on this PC but steam game.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

well... it looks like zero is using google ad sense to generate those ads. Google ad sense displays ads relevant to you and your Google search history and well... any history related to your google accounts. Also, Google is very strict with that program. People get banned daily and advertisers get kicked out of the program all the time. It is likely something unrelated to the sidebar ads, perhaps a bot post on one of the blogs on the main page.

edit: though it is unrelated.. the recent forum changes render the current ad size to large. They no longer fit within the borders. Perhaps
    google_ad_width = 160;
    google_ad_height = 600;

to

google_ad_width = 140;
    google_ad_height = 600;

also, i saw nothing out of the ordinary with the add code when viewing the page source.

What browse you using? You might have the dreaded google redirect trojan that changes search results affiliated with google. I.e. search results, what shows as ads ect.
    Last edited by DJ_MikeyRevile; 09-22-2013 at 05:12 PM.
    Personal reform

7. Default

I use a host file ads block along with a internet database version. No problems here, no ads either.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

8. Default

Hahahaha we all know why I got a virus hahaha #iaintevenmad

9. Default

I've never seen any ads on the front page, is this a mobile access thing?
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

10. Default

No it's on my web browser on my comp. Firefox of course, and I use AVG. Weird that it didn't pick up anything on it's scan, but it did block one. Idk.