Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [ADD] cs_crackhouse_2013

1. Default [ADD] cs_crackhouse_2013

UPDATE: I'm pulling the map suggestion. This thread can be deleted.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Goku; 09-11-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: No use bothering.
    ======================
    It's my stomach.... I'm hungry!
    ======================

2. Default

? why do we need a replacement crackhouse? the one we have is amazing as-is.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

3. Default

well...it is prettier

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

4. Default

I don't see what's amazing about a map that was improperly made. The layout is great, so it's been kept the same. The details about said issues and fixes are in the above post.
    It's prettier because the lighting was done properly.

As-is, crackhouse is a very poor map, but then again... you have to see a good map to see what a crappy one is, I suppose. You won't know until you try it.
    ======================
    ======================

Couple things ->

That back alley - is GIGANTIC. Well... then again the entire map just feels huge. I worry that CTs won't beable to run to the house right away if the Ts still spawn in that one hostie room in the back of the house.

Missing Explosive Barrels. I really do miss those barrels.

Light Switches - if you have them, can you get them to turn off the lights? If not - can you put them further into the wall at least? We can stand on them for some reason.

Dumpster in back of Crackhouse - player who gets stuck in there - trapped. Must wait for Garbage Truck to go take out trash.

I think its aight so far though. -shrug-

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

6. Default

For a cs map on counter strike, don't like the expanded area in several spots, nor the extra sniper positions that were added, gives way to many angles on the house. As far as shooting through the walls, thats kind of vital on this map, especially since without it the T's can really just camp the map away. Crackhouse is very popular on the server because people enjoy it, not because its broken or shitty, while this may be another map that can be added to the rotation (who cares with all the shit that is already on there) it can't replace the crackhouse that is currently there. God only knows what the skyboxes and shit are like on this new one too. Why are you always trying to "fix" the most popular maps on the server? Why don't you actually try and help and work on maps like battleship, atlantis or facility, to make them useable. Or add a roof to maps like inferno pro/fog so that it can be a flying race rape fest whenever people mistakenly vote for those maps.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

And agree with wolfen, seems really big in some areas, size in those spots has never been an issue
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

7. Default Hold

Putting a halt to the map. Did some map testing and some adjustments need to be made.

Shooting through walls isn't vital if you have more access points to the house. People who like to camp rooftops with vaga or human can shoot through the walls all day and eventually get someone.
    The adjustments even the playing field, you just have to view it from all races and both teams, not just what you want out of it.

Change is good, if you're willing to try it out.

I will repost it when it's fixed and I advise you to please TEST the map before you actually try to give feedback. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Some areas were slightly widened. This reduces chance of killing yourself with spiderman or vagabond. Please read the last reply I just made as well.
    ======================
    ======================

8. Default

Work on maps that are not played and/or broken to make them usable, leave the popular maps alone, like your stellar idea to redo italy to make it more flyer friendly, that was a real great idea which exhibited a complete lack of understanding of what a wcs map needs to have and what it needs to limit.
    You want to make crackhouse better for vagas and spiderman, thats is completely idiotic and unnecessary. Anyone who can control those races have no issues with playing them on that map to extreme effectiveness. Stop trying to nerf skill and make the maps noob/idiot friendly.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

I also just thought about your other comment, needing more points of access. The house already has 3 entry points anyone can reach, and 5 more for any flyer, teleporting, or low grav race, this clearly is not an issue. This can further be reinforced by actually playing the map and seeing how often people get inside and get the drop on the terrorists, and this includes shooting them through the floor. It may not have been envisioned to work the way it does, but the map is already quite balanced the way it is.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

my mistake, I forgot the boxes near the lower windows, add at least 3 more points of entry that anyone can use. bringing up the total to a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 12, since one of the lower windows may require low grav to get into. But yeah, clearly needs more points of entry, hell why even have walls, and what if we make wide open spaces so vagas and spidys can move more freely, its about time someone gave those races a chance.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    Some areas were slightly widened. This reduces chance of killing yourself with spiderman or vagabond. Please read the last reply I just made as well.
    Just putting it out there. If a spiderman/vagalion/vagabond doesn't know how to land by another means other than their face - that's on them. Not on you the map maker. On cs_crackhouse - I can think of approximately 8-10 spots on the map where, if properly aimed at for vagalion / vagabond, will reduce fall damage to little to nothing. Those spots are commonly used as well if the player knows what to look for. It's more or less up to them to figure the safe points, as they do exist on any given map, no matter how small or how big it may be.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

It's more aesthetically pleasing that the other map, but a new crackhouse map is the last thing our server needs. It's quite possibly the very worst map on rotation that's actually played (Obviously there are some worse maps, but they're rarely played) and in general people tend to cause a ragefest in crackhouse/assault/dolls due to the imbalanced maps and stacking. Honestly, I'd just rather see crackhouse completely removed from rotation along with other maps such as Westwood, facility, etc.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.