Thread: [CONFIGURE] gg_stonewalled

1. Thumbs down [CONFIGURE] gg_stonewalled

not sure if this is where it goes or if its been brought up before?

Map: gg_stonewalled (i think this is the name...)
    Change: there is a glitch when a person hops up the boxes in spawn. they can drop down and hide in the walls.
    Reason: because it sucks for everyone.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jenga pro View Post
    not sure if this is where it goes or if its been brought up before?

Map: gg_stonewalled (i think this is the name...)
    Change: there is a glitch when a person hops up the boxes in spawn. they can drop down and hide in the walls.
    Reason: because it sucks for everyone.
    BACK before the ULA system, i remember that camping in that spot and killing people is considered illegal, because :

1- u are camping most likely.
    2- you are exploiting something that shouldn't be exploited in the first place.
    3- you are shooting people from where they cannot see you and most likely cannot shoot back since all corners look the same in the heat of the moment.
    4- you cannot go out, so u condemned yourself into excessive camping KNOWINGLY since u would delay the round bcos u cant get out...
    5- It was always illegal to go into that glitched wall 3 years ago, before ula system was in place.

following the same logic as we do in wcs?
    i'd say that camping that spot should be illegal in the first place, and there's no need to decompile a map and remake it (with a different name to avoid server/client confusion...) when any admin can handle those ppl in that spot.

Until maynard or another clanner comes here and posts about it, my 2 cents say that it should be illegal to go into that spot due to points above...

dont take what i said as a rule, im stating a humble opinion, and im merely waiting for clan input right now.

i'll pm maynard about it and link him here.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    BACK before the ULA system, i remember that camping in that spot and killing people is considered illegal, because :

1- u are camping most likely.
    2- you are exploiting something that shouldn't be exploited in the first place.
    3- you are shooting people from where they cannot see you and most likely cannot shoot back since all corners look the same in the heat of the moment.
    4- you cannot go out, so u condemned yourself into excessive camping KNOWINGLY since u would delay the round bcos u cant get out...
    5- It was always illegal to go into that glitched wall 3 years ago, before ula system was in place.

following the same logic as we do in wcs?
    i'd say that camping that spot should be illegal in the first place, and there's no need to decompile a map and remake it (with a different name to avoid server/client confusion...) when any admin can handle those ppl in that spot.

Until maynard or another clanner comes here and posts about it, my 2 cents say that it should be illegal to go into that spot due to points above...

dont take what i said as a rule, im stating a humble opinion, and im merely waiting for clan input right now.

i'll pm maynard about it and link him here.
    and let me just point out that camping is legal unless you prolong a round. (I.E you are the last person on your team and are glued to the spot.) With this spot in stonewalled it would be an exploit so just warn/slay/ban.

4. Default

http://www.ibisgaming.com/forums/sho...gg_stonewalled

This thread brought up removing it, however, the players did not want that. Unless someone wants to take the time to fix the map, it will remain as is. However, as far as going in that spot; if you do, you will be punished..plain and simple. It is already illegal to use that spot, as it is a glitch in the map and exploiting map glitches is illegal. Any admin that sees a player here, slap them out and warn them not to get in it again.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

5. Default

Glitching a map is illegal. Take proper steps and procedures in enforcing punishment. See section V. Highly doubtful this map will be removed. I prefer not.
    Make all your last demands for I will forsake you and I'll meet your eyes for the very first time, for the very last.

maynard <ibis>: they are awkward and last 2 damn long. I prefer thinner smaller ones

6. Default

Yea only a mapper can fix this unless somone can provide me a plugin and settings that will remove that entity from that map.