Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If permabanned on IBIS, permabanned on 64bitVPS

1. Thumbs up If permabanned on IBIS, permabanned on 64bitVPS

Once about a year ago Cyber wound up on the 64bitVPS banlist by no fault of his own. Undoing that permaban was a no brainer because we were already providing demos from our server as evidence for ban reviews on the IBIS forums. The loss of the steambans hits us hard, and we're finding that a lot of troublemakers have already had reputations on IBIS.

I am happy to announce that as of today, permabans on IBIS result in automatic permabans at 64bitVPS.

Pricks shouldn't be given the luxury of doubleclicking other quality servers after losing privileges here.

Thank you for maintaining such a diligent process, you folks are a shining example of what a Source Community should be.

Cheers,

Rajan

http://bans.64bitvps.com/index.php?p...advType=reason

2. Default

awww thanks.

3. Default

shiiiiit i feel all warm and fuzzy.

OHHHHH MY GOD. cyber's admin lapsed, if it's still lapsed, there's still time to perma him temporarily and have it register over there as perma!

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by FOBioPatel View Post
    Once about a year ago Cyber wound up on the 64bitVPS banlist by no fault of his own. Undoing that permaban was a no brainer because we were already providing demos from our server as evidence for ban reviews on the IBIS forums. The loss of the steambans hits us hard, and we're finding that a lot of troublemakers have already had reputations on IBIS.

I am happy to announce that as of today, permabans on IBIS result in automatic permabans at 64bitVPS.

Pricks shouldn't be given the luxury of doubleclicking other quality servers after losing privileges here.

Thank you for maintaining such a diligent process, you folks are a shining example of what a Source Community should be.

Cheers,

Rajan

http://bans.64bitvps.com/index.php?p...advType=reason

AGAIN... Thank you Rape for that "joke" speedhacks ban when rajan's server was conveniently pulling our bans lol...
    little bitch <3

And you're welcome Rajan, our community lives by its reputation of being one of the best gaming communities in the world, with the most honest, prestige, and (sometimes tedious) level of accuracy and conclusiveness of perma bans.
    ( I DID walk you through the perma ban process before in order to help you make that "automatic perma if perma'd from ibis" decision. And im glad you appreciate our process)

We're glad your community looks up to our bans, and this is actually quite the appreciation coming from us ULAs at least, since our work here doesn't only clean our servers, but help clean other community servers along. So thanks for the confidence boost.

We hope to see you in game here sometimes as well, and we appreciate the heads up you've given us (mainly me) about some hackers you've bumped into on your server before they migrated to ours.

PS: Brett, GO fuck yourself... even if i have to manwhore for the night, i will fucking get paypal to accept my mexican pesos and give me my admin back before i step in the server with you again :P
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

5. Default

It is nice to hear that other communities have started to recognize the effort we put into our perma bans. Hopefully the model that we use will also expand to other communities and even for other games so as to provide a valid system for catching hackers and dealing with unban requests. Our Clan and ULAs are doing a lot of work each day to help ensure that the hackers stay gone and it is things like this that really show what a great job they are really doing.

WhyNot-RoboticsNotes-01-BF2A6213.mkv_snapshot_03.43_2012.10.14_10.52.15.jpg

6. Default

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

7. Default

That's niiiiice!

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.

8. Default

Sweet...

9. Default

HA! larry david... oh you...

but seriously... as zero said... hopefully other communities follow our format and we all can better protect our servers. Thanks for the kind words... and remember... if we work together... we can all stop....

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
    Last edited by maynard; 10-08-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

This is sounding more and more like a sound bite from ibis pr. still awesome though.
    Last edited by Carmichal; 10-08-2013 at 05:13 PM.