Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Major server migration

1. Default

They are preforming the final switch now, it requires chaining the routs in the actual routers and switching so it will take a bit of time as this is a major route adjustment for a data center. (a wrong move could cut off traffic to everyone lol)

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    They are preforming the final switch now, it requires chaining the routs in the actual routers and switching so it will take a bit of time as this is a major route adjustment for a data center. (a wrong move could cut off traffic to everyone lol)

careful with that scalpel zero:P
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

Hope you can bring the servers up soon all the best ZERO.

Kill it like you mean it or don't even try.

<3 Ya'll players and Admin

Cyber I will get that back knife some day. Untill then my signature move rules!!!

4. Default

Exciting stuff. looking forward to it coming back!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dr John Zoidberg View Post
    Exciting stuff. looking forward to it coming back!
    slut.

6. Default

It seems WCS is up and running Thanks again ZERO!

7. Default

Might this improve registry in GG?
    my name a jebby

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jeb the hick View Post
    Might this improve registry in GG?

lol jk, hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

9. Default

Oh. My. Yes. The NS2 server runs so much better now it's absurd. I love you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    When you buy admin you agree to not be a cunt-faced Mexican.
    Emo <ibis.a>

10. Default

As of NOW, I have ordered a major upgrade to our infrastructure. For relatively the same monthly cost we will be having a 30-100% performance increase on all servers and in the case of load times as high as 400%. This is possible by replacing our 1 dual processor server with 2 faster single cpu servers. We still have the same 8 cpu cores across the 2 servers but we now have greater redundancy and performance. Our raw per core clock speeds will increase by 30%. Our total available memory will increase by 100%. Our total thread support will increase by 100% due to HT. Our total HDD space and bandwidth will increase by 400% by going from 1 drive to 2 drives per server which allows us to separate out the servers across different disks to improve load times. Your pings will stay the same as the new servers will be in the same room just 1 or 2 racks down. In fact they will likely sit behind the same exact routers the current server does today.

So why is all this craziness being done? Well thanks to the expansion of the community over the years it is time to increase our capacity so that we may open new servers down the road and offer increased performance on our existing ones. We have used our existing server for over 4 years and it has been thanks to all of your support in that time that we have made it this far. I hope that all of you will continue to support IBIS Gaming and make the next 4 years on our new servers even better than the last 4!

During the migration time all servers will be taken offline to be moved over to there new locations. I will likely do this process on MONDAY. However there will be a heads up right before it occurs. In the mean time I will be getting the servers prepared for the swap out. The two new servers should be ready for me to look at by tonight.

Also, before anyone asks no this will not effect your rank/levels and no it will not effect the ability to get sourcetv demos after the move. However you may want to be fast about dling them right now b/c once the switch starts you will not be able to get them until it is done.

As for the server IPs they will be migrated to the new servers after the data is moved over. The servers are not expected to have any IP address changes

Once again thank you all for making this massive upgrade possible. I think we all look forward to the newer and faster servers!
    Nice Zero. Thanks----------------------------------------> Peaceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeee
    Desert Punk ibis.a