Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Good job NASA

1. Default

That has nothing to do with there satellite, if you want proof look for it in the sky. The Russians did not need to show pics of theirs you can see it is up there.... also some fun facts on the name translation:
    The satellite name roughly translates to Hope and the rocket to Message or a message of hope. Now to understand this one must understand the religious interpretations of their leader. To him this is a message of hope to the coming of the Admum. (however it is spelled)

2. Default

a minor leauge baseball pitcher, who was traded for 10 maple bats, killed him self.

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    That has nothing to do with there satellite, if you want proof look for it in the sky. The Russians did not need to show pics of theirs you can see it is up there.... also some fun facts on the name translation:
    The satellite name roughly translates to Hope and the rocket to Message or a message of hope. Now to understand this one must understand the religious interpretations of their leader. To him this is a message of hope to the coming of the Admum. (however it is spelled)

Yeah, and Ahmadinejad has said that the satellite was built to "spread monotheism, peace, and justice" around the world.

I take anything that Iran says with a grain of salt.

Hmm... maybe if the Soviet Union had named their missiles in Cuba "Love" or "Hope" they wouldn't have been seen as such a threat. And maybe if we had named our ICBMs "Messenger of Peace" there wouldn't have been such tension between us and the Soviets.

Straight up, Iran's launching of a satellite opens the door for future weapons development. Whether they'll use these capabilities strictly for peacful purposes... only time will tell.

Personally, I think they're flexing their muscles. Just like we did about this time last year, when we shot down US-193, a "failing" spy satellite that was only launced 14 months prior, with a ship-launched missile.
    To fly west, my friend, is a flight we all must take for a final check.

4. Default

I do not think you fully understood what I was trying to say. We actually said pretty much the same thing, I was saying that by hope he means hope that he can bring about the coming of the twelfth Imam(ha figured it out).

Shi'as believe that Imam al-Mahdi will reappear when the world has fallen into chaos and civil war emerges between the human race for no reason. At this time, it is believed, half of the true believers will ride from Yemen carrying white flags to Mecca, while the other half will ride from Karbala, in Iraq, carrying black flags to Mecca. At this time, Imam al-Mahdi will come wielding God's Sword, the Blade of Evil's Bane, Zulfiqar (Arabic: ذو الفقار, ðū l-fiqār), the Double-Bladed Sword.
    According to the Shi'ite theologian, on the Day of Judgment a great resurrection of the dead will occur. The most evil men will return to earth to be punished for their wickedness, especially their persecution of the faithful. This resurrection will be limited to both the notorious evildoers and the Muslim saints and martyrs. Others will remain in their graves. In this preliminary judgement, followers of the Hidden Imam will be able to punish their oppressors.
    Another prophecy, equally dramatic, describes the appearance of Sa'if ibn Said, the Anti-Christ or Dajjal (The Deceiver), who will attract a multitude of followers. According to the Muslim apocalypticists, the Anti-Christ will be a Jew and the son of a sorcerer. How can we know when he comes? Islamic writers warn that the approach of Dajjal will be marked by several ominous signs. Large numbers of people will no longer pray. Religion will lose its grip on the masses. Moral laxity will become widespread and fashionable. There will no longer be any of the traditional respect for law and order. And at least since Ibn Babawaihi, who died in 1053 A.D., Muslims have predicted that a women's liberation movement of the most shocking sort will signal the End of the Age.
    He will conquer all of Arabia, Syria, Iraq, destroy Israel, and then set up a “global government” based in Iraq, interestingly enough, not Iran. Such Islamic eschatology is driving the Iranian regime and helps explains why Iran has no interest in helping the United States and European Union create peace in Iraq or the region, much less in ending its bid for nuclear weapons, the Iraq Study Group Report notwithstanding.
    Bottom line: The leaders of Iran are preparing for an apocalyptic war with the U.S. and Israel. It’s not a question of “if” but “when.” The sooner the White House and our new congressional leaders realize this and take decisive action to stop this nuclear nightmare, the better.
    http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...mNjU0NTI=#more

Ah, I see what you're saying now...

So their "hope" is the hope that the rest of the "infidel" world will be completely obliterated.

Just to play a game of semantics:

Shi'as believe that Imam al-Mahdi will reappear when the world has fallen into chaos and civil war emerges between the human race for no reason.

No reason? They're ALWAYS a reason. Even "eh, I just felt like sending a missile their way" is a reason. It actually sounds like we're pretty safe from this Imam guy
    To fly west, my friend, is a flight we all must take for a final check.