Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crash and burn

1. Default

We can get to the bottom of this if you run the following experiment:

Install steam CMD: http://media.steampowered.com/client/steamcmd_win32.zip

In the folder you install that in create a .bat file with the contents:
    Code:
    SteamCmd.exe +login username pass +force_install_dir C:\game_servers\ns2 +app_update 4940 verify +quit
      pause
    WHERE username and pass ARE YOUR STEAM USERNAME AND PASSWORD

Then run the bat file to install the dedicated server:

Then go to: C:\game_servers\ns2

Create a .bat file with the following contents called snow.bat
    Code:
    Server.exe -name "Test" -port 27017 -mods "a02b93d" -map ns2_biodome -limit 19 -webadmin -config_path C:\game_servers\ns2\cfg -modstorage C:\game_servers\ns2\mods
    Run this file after you create it and your dedicated server will start.

Open ns2 and then join the server called Test or in console type connect localhost:27017

If you crash the problem is snowballs. Also try to toss a snowball.

2. Default

Also on another note do you have any AMD components in your system?

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Also on another note do you have any AMD components in your system?
    that SHOULDN"T matter.

my rig has an AMD GPU and an ATI CPU and ns2 is running beautifully.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

4. Default

nope can not connect to any ibis NS2 server combat or vanilla both a no go, i send another dump to unknown worlds, hopefully they can get a fix so i can play on this awesome server again

5. Default

nope snowballs work fine...i can not for the life of me find out why i cant be on the ibis servers....

6. Default

Now try the following bat files:

snow&dak.bat
    Code:
    Server.exe -name "Test" -port 27017 -mods "a02b93d 5f4f178" -map ns2_biodome -limit 19 -webadmin -config_path C:\game_servers\ns2\cfg -modstorage C:\game_servers\ns2\mods
    snow&dak&shine
    Code:
    Server.exe -name "Test" -port 27017 -mods "a02b93d 5f4f178 706d242" -map  ns2_biodome -limit 19 -webadmin -config_path C:\game_servers\ns2\cfg  -modstorage C:\game_servers\ns2\mods
    snow&dak&shine&badges
    Code:
    Server.exe -name "Test" -port 27017 -mods "a02b93d 5f4f178 706d242 5f42a0c" -map  ns2_biodome -limit 19 -webadmin -config_path C:\game_servers\ns2\cfg  -modstorage C:\game_servers\ns2\mods
    Try each of those and see if you get a crash. If you do let me know which one.

7. Default

Succses, its shine , apparently shine converts files from dak and overrules some of its statements, i do not know why it only happens to me or that other cases just havent popd up yet but shine couses me to crash and burn, dak snow and playerbadge do work, shine does does not like me .

great thanks for the help guys ! never seen a community get so involved with a non-member...sooo where do i sign up for ibis if possible

8. Default

OK, and apparently people are starting to work on improving the code in DAK to add the features that shine has and are missing in DAK. This will allow us to just run 1 and not have so many issues.

9. Default

sooo now what do i do ? :P

10. Default

For now you just got to hold on

I have spoken to a DAK dev as recent as 20min ago about having the issues fixed with DAK so we can turn shine off. This will resolve your problems. I hope to thus have the issue fully resolved by the end of the week.

Worst case I will turn off shine by end of week in anticipation of the DAK fixes as to resolve your issue in due haste.