Thread: Changing the map even though it won the map vote.

1. Default Changing the map even though it won the map vote.

This is more of a rant, but it pisses me off when an admin puts up a map vote because a few people think the current map sucks, even though it won the map vote. Most of the time it's just switched to another bad map, or an over played map. This isn't a specific server, but it happens mostly on GG and ZM.

2. Default

the admin has every right to do it. of course if it's happening every map or every other map...that may be a problem. just be glad you actually get to vote instead of him just changing it.

Through the darkness of futures past,
    The magician longs to see
    One chants out between two worlds:
    Fire, walk with me.

3. Default

senior admin reserves the right 2 change the map if he wants. changing the map every map would be over doing it, once in a while is fine, and not against any rule.

Maynard - The WCS Guy

East Coast (and that's all I'm tellin' xD)

In all fairness, I do put up a mapvote every so often on ZM, but I'm always either asking for server's input (!vote "Cade/escape/both") or else suggestions from time to time for specific maps. The problem is no one replies... and if they do it's either the same maps we ALWAYS play because maps don't cycle properly with normal mapvote coding, OR they choose the escape map because they can't survive on cade maps cus they don't put the time in to learn them! *huff huff hufff* ...Sry >.>... but yeah, no input means I'm gonna go with my gut and throw up good cade vote if escapes have been on a lot, or (though it's rare) an escape vote for the opposite instance.
    Artist's Representation - "Finding life on the go board"

5. Default

Stop crying.

6. Default

i always let the vote get decided because i trust that people have gd taste in maps.
    HOWEVER, when i am 100% sure that a map got fucking spam-voted, thats the only time i change the map.
    mostly it would be half the server going "how the fuck did this map win the vote" when it won 80 % of votes lol...

the ONLY time i change the map from a gd map to another gd map is when i am watching a hacker, for example a waller, and i am testing his reflexes on a map decent for walls, like deagle, or lego or complex..as opposed to gg_wallhacks or some very open map

i will almost always ALWAYS change the map off of a certain rats map with the toilet chair in wcs, its the most retarded map ever.
    and in gg, i have a 17-map-rotation. usually one of those maps gets picked, i leave it, but if ppl picked a crappy map like some fucked up texture map, i change it off simply bcos ppl expect it .

blah blah, the reason im saying this is because
    tl/dr
    so if ppl spam the map changes to their needs only ,it gets annoyin sure, but admins do reserve the right to overrule a map vote based on the current scenario.
    so u cant really bitch about the "feature" but you can indeed bitch at THAT admin per say, if u show proof that he is abusing his right by constant changes (like changing the map 2-3 times in a same game etc... or changing the map halfway in the game when someone already passed level 13 in gg... shit like that...)
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

7. Default

When there are people typing in chat or complaining on the mic about the current map (More than one or two people, mind you)..I will start a New map vote (New map? Yes or no?) and let the majority decide if they want to stay or go. Depending on the results is what I will do. Even if its on a map I like, I will still make a vote and see what they say.

If you were a beautiful sound in the echos all around, I'd be your harmony.