Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Empire: Total War, Halo Wars!

1. Default

I don't really consider Rome Total War a real time strategy game because i always auto-simulated my battles. I played it more as a turn based strategy game. It was fucking amazing, and Empire Total War looks just as good. I don't have the money to get it and haven't found a good torrent yet to download. My friend and i do a few LAN games a week using a VPN to connect.
    -MBP

2. Default

My brother got Empire, he says it's amazing.
    Why would you auto simulate all the battles? How could you ever pass up watching Roman siege engines tearing down walls and watching legionaries stream out of a siege tower to cut down archers on a city's walls? lol
    "An Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II flew a show of force and expended flares for emphasis over Salerno after enemy forces attacked a coalition forward base. The arrival of the aircraft prompted an immediate retreat by enemy personnel."

3. Default

I don't have enough time to play out all of those battles. Ill do multiplayer and vs. someone in a battle, but i don't like commanding the own units i grew out of the barracks. So i only look at the big picture and play like that. Medieval Total War II was also a great game.
    -MBP