Thread: Reserved slot not working

1. Default Reserved slot not working

Hi,
    I purchased a reserved slot for the NS2 server the other day and I still can't join the server when it has 22/22 slots filled. As far as I know my steam and NS2 IDs are correct on my profile. The only option I was given to pay my $2 was to use paypal. On paypal it says that my payment is pending until the 18th. My guess is that this is the problem. Does this mean that I wont get my reserved slot until then? If so, I would love to work out a way to activate my slot before then because I was not offered another method of payment and I have no control over when IBIS or paypal decides to advance my payment. Love the sever, thanks for any help you guys can give me!

2. Default

Not sure if it's the same in NS2 but reserve slot usually only works when it's 21/22 with the last slot being left for reserve.
    "Intolerance and superstition has always been the domain of the more stupid amongst the common folk and, I conjecture, will never be uprooted, for they are as eternal as stupidity itself. There, where mountains tower today, one day there will be seas; there where today seas surge, will one day be deserts. But stupidity will remain stupidity."
    -
    “You surround the dead with veneration and memory, you dream of immortality, and in your myths and legends there’s always someone being resurrected, conquering death. But were your esteemed late great-grandfather really to suddenly rise from the grave and order a beer, panic would ensue.”
    -
    “A coward dies a hundred times. A brave man dies but once. But Dame Fortune favours the brave and holds the coward in contempt.'

3. Default

The subscription does not start until the payment is received. Similar to how if you order a physical product it would not ship out until the payment actually arrives. Do not worry though as the time spent in pending is not counted against you. Your 1 month sub will automatically begin on the date that the payment is received and your reserved slot rights will automatically take effect at that time.

4. Default

Alright. I figured that was the problem. The order page looks as though there may once have been a payment option in addition to Paypal. I don't know how difficult it is to set up direct billing to credit cards on your budget but if it isn't a huge hassle, it would be great for people like me. It's a little frustrating to to have to wait so long for my slot to activate (which I realize in this case is Paypal's fault) especially when the registration/payment process for IBIS is a little more involved and time consuming than for other similar services. I have no way of knowing weather I will still want my slot by the time my payment goes through which may discourage others in my situation from making a payment to the server. Anyway, that's just been my experience and I'm sure there is a lot about the process I don't understand, just something that occurred to me. Thanks for the response, see you ingame!

5. Default

Yea, paypal kinda sucks. It works better if you use a credit card with hit, as it will clear immediately.

Live or die, make your choice.