Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: load time question

1. Default load time question

So, it takes me about 10-15 minutes to join a server since it does all of that preloading stuff, the precaching is what takes really long for me. Is that normal, or is my computer just balls slow?
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

2. Default

mine sometimes hangs up and takes 2-3 mins but generally i load in about 4 seconds. I use a SSD

Live or die, make your choice.

3. Default

Well my stats are AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+, 3 gigs of ram and currently using 32 bit windows 7, though i have a cd to upgrade to 64 bit.

Also have a NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GT graphics card

No idea what an SSD is.

4. Default

solid state disk, look into getting one...you can get a pretty cheap small one and just load your OS and your favorite games on it. It will improve load times a TON

Live or die, make your choice.

5. Default

Even with a SSD it can take a min or so, the load is very cpu intensive and is based on raw non multi core performance. Memory bandwidth also is a big factor.

How much ram are you using in game I think the game by itself is like 2-3GB when you run low on ram you system will massively bottle neck.

6. Default

Is there a way to add ram to my computer? currently all internal slots are full

7. Default

You only have 3 ram slots?

Yea you would need to buy higher capacity and replace your existing sticks with the new ones and you would need 64bit to use more than 4GB.

8. Default

Dell dimension E521.

Dude, I got a Dell.

Also, I got good, newer sticks in there already, just ain't got the room for more.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JigSaW View Post
    I use a SSD
    like a boss

Maynard - The WCS Guy

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Dell dimension E521.

Dude, I got a Dell.

Also, I got good, newer sticks in there already, just ain't got the room for more.
    You only have 1GB sticks in there? Return those shits and get more RAM and upgrade your fucking 2000's 32 bit OS. It's fucking 2014. Jesus Christ... 3 gigs of ram... smh

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.