Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 034 Alchemist [400] v1.0.5

1. Default

I am eager to see how nasty this race can get when used on a team with a shadow hunter and Athena. If the three stayed within range of each other they could do some work.

Unfortunately Alchemist seems to love teamwork

unfortunately because is all too rare, nevertheless this and the blood mage rework seems very interesting and i look forward to have a new class to die as
    A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.

3. Default

Yea this race is going to be very effective if used correctly. Ideally a player would want to cast the item ability and the ult at the same time but then you got to get the cooldowns to match up...

As for physically taking them there are 2 ways:
    1. create a global bool that lets there exist abilities that disable an item for a player but not their other abilities. Then modify the abilities and checks for items to check is a user currently is not allowed to get item bonus or not.
    2. Take the items away and give them back after and do the same with the players cash during this time to prevent them buying anything during the effect. (This is really easy to do as it does not require me to make any real code changes to existing mods)

are athena/void laces counted as items? if so then how will they be affected if you use the second method? (maybe just a alchNoTouch modifier on those or something)

if you take away a player's money is that preventing it from increasing/decreasing or just putting it to 0 before you give it back?
    if you prevent it from changing then won't blood mages be boned since their steal money ability will be nullified?
    if you set to 0 then give them the money back afterwards if a blood mage hits someone affected by this then no money will be taken away, also boning the blood mage?

first blood mages have their ult stolen/changed then their money stealing abilities urinated on in a new situation this race will create

poor blood mages

*EDIT*
    maybe you could add a null item that takes up a space, then swap a player's items with 3 null items (but not updating the list of items for the playerinfo)
    that way they can't buy an item while under the effect (you'll be full) if they try to replace one then you can put in a simple IF statement to dissallow it if they're swapping out one of the special null items

their items will still be useless untill you switch them out (and good luck buying an item in the time between the NULL is removed and the item it held the spot for takes it's place)
    Last edited by kionay; 01-21-2014 at 12:18 PM.

5. Default

YEa did not think of blood mage steal being effected, thanks for reminding me of that

1 - 1016.

2 - How do anti_wards work right now? Do they activate and open up the item slot or remain in the item slot until the duration of the anti_ward has ended? I don't know if it'll also effect how Item Transmutation works as well.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

7. Default

antiwards still remain in the item slot until they have been completely used up.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

also if someone is hit by an enemy weilding an orb of frost, will the person his be de-frosted if the person that hit them becomes under the alchemist's ult? probably not

will there be a problem with removing/adding amulet of the cat because of the float effect?

if at any point you prevent people from buying an item will it prevent them from buying tomes too? probably not THAT big of a deal to not buy a tome mid-game during that ult's duration, but still :-/

Quote Originally Posted by kionay View Post
    also if someone is hit by an enemy weilding an orb of frost, will the person his be de-frosted if the person that hit them becomes under the alchemist's ult? probably not

will there be a problem with removing/adding amulet of the cat because of the float effect?

if at any point you prevent people from buying an item will it prevent them from buying tomes too? probably not THAT big of a deal to not buy a tome mid-game during that ult's duration, but still :-/
    Theorycrafting from just logic and my understanding of how this race is suppose to work:

1- no
    2- yes (note that when amulet of cat is not detected on player, they are heard but as soon as it is put on the player, they go silent)
    3- yes it should be preventing people from buying tomes technically. a level up for that 1 point difference is still probably going to happen. Also I don't recall people spamming tome in the middle of gun fights.... Even if they have it bound.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstinger View Post
    Theorycrafting from just logic and my understanding of how this race is suppose to work:

1- no
    2- yes (note that when amulet of cat is not detected on player, they are heard but as soon as it is put on the player, they go silent)
    3- yes it should be preventing people from buying tomes technically. a level up for that 1 point difference is still probably going to happen. Also I don't recall people spamming tome in the middle of gun fights.... Even if they have it bound.
    right on, well i don't know much about the mod back end, but from what i see i can't imagine a better way than my null item idea, or something similar

preventing people from buying won't cause too much of a problem, but BM might have a hissy fit

not sure how amulet of cat is applied/removed so i can't comment on that

where do new classes come from? does ZERO have an external site he pulls them from? are they all from our race sugestions?

ponder ponder ponder