Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: 034 Alchemist [400] v1.0.5

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstinger View Post
    Warden, Athena, Shadow of the Void

All three of those races can spawn with a lace. However, Shadow of the Void can purchase a lace on his own (if I recall; idk if that is unintended or what the case may be) BUT I KNOW THE OTHER TWO CAN'T so... Yeah. Anyone else can buy a lace pretty much.
    Yeah that ^

2. Default

Zero? Changing the color of a sprite shouldn't be a big deal right?

Can u make it so that the alchemist ultimate activates on terrorist is red and the one activated on CT is blue for consistency and visual differentiation?

Because I sometimes find myself in an alchemist ult being activated and I can't tell if I should gtfo asap or if it is done by my own teammate somewhere?

Thanks.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

3. Default

This would be very helpful! ^

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    Zero? Changing the color of a sprite shouldn't be a big deal right?

Can u make it so that the alchemist ultimate activates on terrorist is red and the one activated on CT is blue for consistency and visual differentiation?

Because I sometimes find myself in an alchemist ult being activated and I can't tell if I should gtfo asap or if it is done by my own teammate somewhere?

Thanks.
    That is actually a series of custom sprites that with with eachother. Each hundreds of MB in size uncompressed. Each one then contains individual animation frames. It could be done but would add about 20MB to user downloads when connecting to the wcs server and take about a week or so to program the changes and actually make the sprites and get them to compile within the size limits again.

5. Default

That is actually a series of custom sprites that with with eachother. Each hundreds of MB in size uncompressed. Each one then contains individual animation frames. It could be done but would add about 20MB to user downloads when connecting to the wcs server and take about a week or so to program the changes and actually make the sprites and get them to compile within the size limits again.

can u provide the sprites in some zip file to take a look at?
    I've been meaning to try to work on some sprites, and a "re-color project" couild be a gd first step.

as for the download, i don't think it has to be done all in 1 shot no?
    progressive download over time? takes about 8 levels nway to get the ult
    but nway, that is something that could help lessen the confusion when an ult is being activated....

that's why i usually hate when red/blue colors are used for skins or vague animations (beast and santa color schemes being annoying as fuck too when on CTs lol) but nway.

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

6. Default

The problem with them not downloading them right away is that someone else will use the ability when they join the server.

I do like this idea though, and frankly don't see a 20 MB extra download as too trying, considering today's internet speeds. Even on shitty century link with a 4 Mb/s speed, that would only add 40 seconds of download time, and it should only be a one time thing.
    What: my life skills use meat

“Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. ” -Mark Twain

7. Default

The easiest thing to do would be to change the color of the animated beacon rings b/c that is 100% code.

8. Default

The easiest thing to do would be to change the color of the animated beacon rings b/c that is 100% code.
    Baby steps zero, that could be a first step to see if it helps. But i do think this should be a must to differentiate.

And hopefully any other effects down the road either don't use red and blue, or have this feature available at worst case

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Passarelli View Post
    The problem with them not downloading them right away is that someone else will use the ability when they join the server.

I do like this idea though, and frankly don't see a 20 MB extra download as too trying, considering today's internet speeds. Even on shitty century link with a 4 Mb/s speed, that would only add 40 seconds of download time, and it should only be a one time thing.
    I've waited a lot like longer every time I joined a zombie mod and their insanely large maps or going into gmod games...

20mb isn't that much these days, if someone can help u zero with the sprite colouring let us know and he'll we can even use the temporary beacon recolonization in code IF they don't have the sprites downloaded (if wanting to use progressive downloads)

9. Default

I'ma necro an ENTIRE sub-forums that's been inactive for more than 7 months :/

Zero. THIS RACE right here was one of the main reasons the server died out :/

side note: GOD i miss seeing my sig.

10. Default

Main reason is CSS itself is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    So... what your trying to tell me is that you saw a spherical square?