Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Disconnecting to keep score.. (Read zm players)

1. Default

I'm not worried about being a noticed great player, or I wouldn't have suggested removing the ranking system. I'm already in first place with double the score of second. The point of this though is to keep players from worrying too much about rank and start actually enjoying the server instead of getting all annoyed when stupid stuff happens because of a newer player or a barricade breaker. Sometimes its fun to just run around the map with a couple friends not knowing what might happen, being in a total scenario of discomfort and unknowingly about to be..*cough* Anyway, with rank, people just started to have less fun.

And Zero, I don't really see much wrong with the ranking system. Though if you wanted to keep people from zteleing (or whatever else to avoid being tagged) then I would have to agree that making it so that you don't lose score when dying by a zombie would be a good idea. As for the bonus points, not such a great idea when it impacts score.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

2. Default

hahaha envy this is about the ZM server lol not the GG server. you guys are on a whole different planet than we are. We aren't talking about getting rid of the rank on the GG server.

okay so this is my 2 cents on this whole deal. I do agree with anex that disconnecting and reconnecting to avoid being tag is against the rules. like I tell everyone who plays regularly on the ZM server I won't ban unless its absolutly needed, so far only 2 people have been banned by me. but when I ban I ban for the full 7 days. I rather keep you ingame and torture you there by freezing, blinding, drugging and slapping. banning someone doesn't really teach anyone a lesson. so you got banned they'll just find another server to play on until this ban is up.

as for removing the ranks I think zero should make it harder to rank up. I like how the factor of which weapon you use affects the amount of points you get. I think the idea of gaining points should really be harder to obtain. the awards are really what everyone should be playing for cause ranks can change but awards are always there. zombies should get more points than humans.

another point I've been really looking forward to changing is, WE NEED MORE WOMEN ON THE ZM SERVER!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously I like the usual bunch of guys I play with but its way to much of a sauseage-fest on here lol. the only girl that I actually know is a girl, is IMGONNAGETCHA. stop banning her and muting her she doesn't break any rules but when she stands up for them she gets punished. I'm gonna stick up for her cause she is the only girl as of now but as soon as more girls start coming on sorry IMGONNAGETCHA I gotta move on lol. I wonder if project-s got my message????

that is all time to finish this beer and go to bed.

3. Default

Perhaps what may work is to remove the rank and top10 commands when in game. In my opinion, it is starting to get too annoying the amount of people just typing that to compare what they have then...and what they have 5 minutes later...which is the same bloody thing.

We should encourage people to utilize the website instead then. I'm quite trying hard to not worry about my ranks anymore so I wouldn't attempt to play dirty over it. At least what you could do is not make it so easily convenient by removing those two commands.

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    oh don't worry about koolayed he is getting a 7 day ban from me. as far as other people doing, anyone I catch will get a 7 day ban as well, no matter who they are.
    7 days is a long time. I think we should keep the ranking system but modify it so that when somebody else types rank you can not see their rank. You can only see your rank.
    Last edited by XxMastagunzxX; 03-17-2009 at 10:25 AM.

5. Default

oh a 7 day ban for koolayed isn't enough, he'll just touch himself for 7 days to pass the time. plus I'm thinking about just torturing him ingame. as far as the rank idea goes, I'm sticking with mine. make the rank harder to earn while your human but slightly easier to earn when your a zombie. oh and another note, the server is called ZOMBIE-MOD people, not LETS SEE HOW HIGH MY RANK CAN BE, if your playing on this server than you should expect to be a zombie. that's why there are like 6 different classes of zombies all with different abilitiys to fit any need. just type in !zombie to change your class for the next round cause we all know humans like to go the same spot and cade up the same place. if you know the map is gonna be changed to an escape map, change your class from the deformed to the XP or speed. this isn't rocket science people.

as for my stand on the 7 day ban, I'm sticking to it. its my WMD, used as a last resort.

6. Default

If the rankings are going to stay, which I highly believe so at this point, I need a clear explanation how the whole scoring works. This is because my skill score would skyrocket up or down during a map I spectate on or join for a brief moment despite not playing the map in its entirety. In other words, my skill changes when I don't physically play on some maps. Also, there are other times where I did fairly well on a particular map (e.g. 55/3) and my skill would go down.

I don't understand how the whole skill score works prior to the weapon weighting.

7. Default

Why dont we just rid of all of the IBIS rankings?? Hey, why see how well you stack compared to others??

Im sorry hobo. I dont mean to throw myself at you, but it is annoying almost tagging you and you leave. I really have thought about banning you for that. Ranks are there to judge yourself against others. Not to be a bitch so you stay number 1. If you really are that good, you would be number 1.

8. Default

If you need any any ideas on how to torment Koolayed let me know. Soon I'll be an admin hopefully, then I can join you in helping to tame/torment Koolayed. And when you do ban him for 7 days then I'm going to personally thank you.

Anyway, whether the ranking system can be seen in game or not, it was probably wrong of me to ask Zero to activate the rank command, even though it helped me be more lazy. So far it has had both a negative and positive impact on the server, but more negative unfortunately. But I will stand by the idea of being tagged by a zombie not effecting your score, I would then almost guarantee that once players learned this, they would stop zteleing/disconnecting/changing teams.

P.S. Zero check the admins that still have to be activated. Hopefully this time the right steam ID is in there for me.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

9. Default

That is because all the skill and points are relative. So when ever any individuals rank or skill changes it effects the rank and skill of all other players.

10. Default

Another idea I have had is to develop a mod in game that will fire an event if a player completes a special accomplishment this trigger can be picked up by the stats and bonus points could be awarded to the player. This could cause players to focus on special achievements as a way to improve score and thus will switch up game play a bit more. Examples include:
    Turn 30 players into a zombie in 10min
    Kill 100 zombies in one map
    Stay alive as a human for 5 rounds
    ect ect...