Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Disconnecting to keep score.. (Read zm players)

1. Default

In addition to that, it's a little annoying when the whole skill system is pretty faulty in my opinion. As I requested before to have the skill system explained, I would really like to know how a score of 83/3 would decrease my overall skill to about 20 points....

I mean it's getting a little frustrating now.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittlestHobo View Post
    P.S.S. I just want to inform everyone that I have stopped with the ztele and reconnecting now, which was why I posted this.
    Yah, now you just go Spec to avoid being tagged. Three times last night, one from me.

In addition to that, it's a little annoying when the whole skill system is pretty faulty in my opinion. As I requested before to have the skill system explained, I would really like to know how a score of 83/3 would decrease my overall skill to about 20 points....

I mean it's getting a little frustrating now.
    It's actually pretty simple, it depends on who kills you and who you kill. You kill a guy with 600 points, you get 6. You die to a guy with 600 points and you have 1200, they get 12 from you (not the actual equation, just an example). Which means, even if you have a KD of 2+, if you die at the hands of newbies too much, you'll lose rank anyway.

This nudges people to attack others around their own rank and not pick on newbies.

So, take a peak at the stats page, memorize 10-15 names around your rank and make sure to attack those guys if you see them. Not only will you lose less points dying to them, you'll gain more points in the long run.

3. Default

its just a game ... don't even know why people care about ranks so much.. cuz one day zero can just press his giant red button.. then all of your ranks will go boom

4. Default

Well just to defend myself, the only time I go spec is to screw the other people in my spot - which you should be happy that you got 2 people in there. I was merely trying to set up the cade until the two decided it would be halarious to fuck up the cade slightly by impeding my setup by shooting the vending machines down when I had it set up. Surely, once is tolerable but after the 3rd time, I wouldn't imagine anyone having the patience at that point to continue setting up with these fools. Rather having them try to take you on, I figured it would be easier if I help them destroy the cade, thus allowing you 2 easy kills.

Hopefully, you can understand the frustration - if you're a decent cader. Otherwise, I continue to abide by the rules.

5. Default

If you get caught in a cade with morons thats just fate. If you don't want any random chance in your games I suggest Lincoln Logs alone in your bedroom.

Not to name names but the dropping to spectate thing is mostly perpetrated not by randoms but by the best and 'brightest' of ZM regulars and ADMINS. After all, its only the top ranked people who even know its a benefit to them and bother to bind a key for it.

The top offenders have all posted in this thread at some point claiming total agreement at how it is a crock of shit and just as bad as !ztele (its far worse though as !ztele is always death) and yet they continue their statwhoreing ways as of right now.

More than cadebreakers, more than mic spammers, more than any other low down cheap shit in this game its the drop to spec to keep a rank up (and lose that extra gun in the cade helping to insure doom for the honest players...thanks for that) that takes all the jam out of my donut on this stupid game.

When I have tards in my cade I do the best I can to verbally abuse them, hold out in spite of them, say 'were fucked' then be fucked and go play as a zombie etc. Nobody ever learned anything by not getting yelled at so I make a point of doing a lot of that. But what I won't do is jump ship with the vagina parachute to spectate so as to keep a rank up. Big shit, Ill only be top 50-90...last I checked I don't get payed by my rank so I don't care but its just the 'top' players being selfish shits that drives me nuts.

Take your fate and luck of the draw, learn to win with unfavorable situations. For all my flaws, and I have shit-tons of them at least I take a zombie knife in my ass like a man and then do my job.

You all know who you are, you thats right YOU. Now stop being a pansy and just accept that you will not always get the bombproof cade populated solely by other top 10 ranked players and deal with that as it comes, play fair.

6. Default

You have any idea how annoying it is to go and build a cade then have some random guy outside walk up, throw a gernade that totally decimates your barricade then zombies kill him and he comes in and kills you?

It isn't fair. It happened to me a lot late at night when I didn't have admin and no other admins were on. Though those brightest and 'best' players of zm that your talking about that do it, never do it to get away from zombies, just cade breakers, otherwise they know they'd be in trouble. That includes me.

Though I'll admit, there's a few times I'll be lenient like when I first wake up in the morning and its the last round of a crappy escape map, and there's only like 10 people on, all of which know each other. Most will just be screwing around and jump off to suicide into an electric fence or something and just join spec, when a zombie could have caught up and killed him in about 15 seconds. It might be against the rules, but they're just having fun. Even the zombies were typing "lol' that morning.

Normally they wouldn't even be playing the map, they're just trying to pass the time, waiting for the next one.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.