Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reason why some people whore in the mornings...

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfenstinger View Post
    @Cyber - My point is if you're seriously thinking you will gain XP faster rushing enemy spawn with races like spider-man, human, vagabond, lion, etc. you're wrong. I've learned this pre-STEAM pipe update. It don't work. You need them to have a reason and a feeling of an equal chance to keep them around as long as they have rather than scaring them away. Had I not done what I did, they would've been doing that the rest of the map probably. Because of this, I mostly stopped buying items unless I'm experimenting or some odd reason got a craving to do an item combo I haven't done in awhile for a specific race.Simple General Rule of Thumb - If 4v4 or less, dick around and play under powered races that you need levels in. If you play vagalion or vagabond, run around instead of teleporting like I did in the video. The rounds will go too quickly and people have the tendency to disappear... 5v4 + then go all out until 4v4 again, unless numbers continue to rise.cheddar's ward was fine. Doesn't hit either bombsite from where it was placed, and you could still access B site through underground stairs still if it even extended that far under (which it doesn't unless you're humping the ceiling)As for ZERO's "idea" .... i'm still not sure how to feel about it.
    sorry, i thought the entire room was the site. i might be thinking of a different version of nuke.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

2. Default

Anyone who race whores is just a pro-noob anyways.............
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

3. Default

I love it when everyone using a race is "whoring" by the standards of most players on Ibis WCS.
    If I try to level my vagalion (which now is level 39 and I'm horrible as lion in general) then I am a "faggot" and if i even get a single bloody kill I'm "whoring a OP race".

but i get what you mean wulf.

4. Default

I think what wolf is trying to say is even if you are trying to level a vaga, they are still very OP unless someone good at countering them is on the other team. I try not to play bond or lion with less then 8 people in the server unless someone else is playing them. If someone is playing a race like spiderman, human, stryder, jack, bond or lion, my go-to counter race is santa. Though either people are getting better at shooting me or I'm getting worse at dodging : / That said, if they do continue to destroy my team, I'll typically just mirror their race and hunt them until they change or leave (except stryder, I'm too bad with it). Either that or get the bloodmage + magician combo rolling and start laughing.

One thing I don't do is bitch about people playing maxed races. (I might still mention that bash still makes my crosshairs jump, but I don't cry about it like so many people do. They are allowed to reap the benefits of the effort they put into the game. People need to remember that WCS uses asymmetric balance. Try playing it as a complex game of rock, paper, scissors. There is a counter for anyone playing any race. It may require teamwork, some skill, and patience, but there is always a way. If you are trying to level, remember--winning a round gets you more overall experience (more money + kills) then losing over and over. Try playing a counter race, then when you die, switch to the race you are leveling and buy your tomes and switch back.

Bitching about whoring races doesn't help at all. Try asking nicely for them to switch, send them a PM. Keep in mind that if they are playing a maxed out race with a bunch of levels, they are worth a ton of experience. I'm ranked 2nd on the server with 67.7k kills. 4th, 5th, and 10th all have kills that number in the 70,000s and yet I'm ranked higher and it isn't because of succubus hunter (I only have 163k xp above max on that race).

Crying and bitching are bad enough, but more and more people have recently been resorting to slurs. A clan member called me a faggot twice today before I reminded him that he still has to show respect for his fellow players. That kind of behavior is not only offensive, it is not healthy for the server.

Finally, if Zero's idea is what I heard rumors about, I hope he doesn't go through with it--especially with the new race coming out so soon.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Passarelli View Post
    There is a counter for anyone playing any race.
    Wrong. There is no counter to me.

4) Use admin privileges sparingly and appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    are you insinuating that you're a .... deadly sin?

A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    How many deaths does it take to take out Sin in a single round?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Passarelli View Post
    One thing I don't do is bitch about people playing maxed races. (I might still mention that bash still makes my crosshairs jump, but I don't cry about it like so many people do. They are allowed to reap the benefits of the effort they put into the game. People need to remember that WCS uses asymmetric balance. Try playing it as a complex game of rock, paper, scissors. There is a counter for anyone playing any race. It may require teamwork, some skill, and patience, but there is always a way. If you are trying to level, remember--winning a round gets you more overall experience (more money + kills) then losing over and over. Try playing a counter race, then when you die, switch to the race you are leveling and buy your tomes and switch back.
    Pretty much this. While some people are downright whoring (*cough* Deathwish and co. *cough*) you can counter *ANY* race. There are some players who have either mastered game or just specific races and who end up being hard to actually counter (Spasm), but it's not really the race that is OP, it's the player. Granted, I would like the server to be more friendly for the newcomers as the server has died out quite a bit due to so much whoring, but with this community, it's very unlikely. Furthermore, I think I have a different thoughts about this just because I've maxed everything out and put in a lot of effort and learned the game and counters in the process, so it's no longer an issue for me personally, but I can see how it can be frustrating to new players.

TL;DR: There are counters to anything and everything and the balance itself isn't the problem - it's more so community and specific few individuals.
    The Complete WCS Guide
    (Click on it)

"They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard."
    Our subject isn't cool, but he thinks it anyway - he may not have a clue, and he may not have style, but everything he lacks, well, he makes up in denial!
    Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back.

9. Default

one of the best things about ibis wcs is that you're not required to change off of a maxxed race. alot of other w3s/wcs servers you are not allowed to play any of your races that are maxxed unless you have maxxed all of the ones available. that's fucking stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

Quote Originally Posted by Erdenay View Post
    There are some players who have either mastered game or just specific races and who end up being hard to actually counter (Spasm)
    i'm not familiar with Spasm but holy mother of god DEEZ and stryder

if there is ever an instance of someone mastering a race it's deez and stryder or wolf and vaga(lion)

anyway, i think if people whine about race whores than those people should at least give appropriate praise to those that play a maxxed race that is easily considered a worse race (rapscallion [sorta], raiden, genocide...)

if you play maxxed raiden and do even moderately well with it, then you need a cookie or a sticker or something :-/
    A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.