Thread: 2 things on GG server

1. Default 2 things on GG server

1) I know this has come up a few times, but something needs to be done with the knife fight vote. I'm tired of accepting a knife fight and the being left to wonder if they're going to accept. I know a lot of people are just going to say shoot them if they don't immediately accept. The only problem is that there have been many times where someone will shoot me and then accept once i start shooting them and they are almost dead, then i get slayed and lose 2 levels.
    Is it possible to freeze or make it impossible to shoot until both players vote? Or put something like a 5 - 10 sec timer on it and whoever hasn't accepted or denied gets slayed.

2) The rocky music during the knife fight is way too loud. I play with my sound quite loud and when that comes on it is blaring. Can you turn it down a little zero?

one other thing. I'm not sure if the team balancer is working correctly. Some of the maps were dominated one side. I think at one point on deagle the score was something like 7-2

2. Default

I second and Third this

3. Default

thats actually 3 things hodgie

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    1) I know this has come up a few times, but something needs to be done with the knife fight vote. I'm tired of accepting a knife fight and the being left to wonder if they're going to accept. I know a lot of people are just going to say shoot them if they don't immediately accept. The only problem is that there have been many times where someone will shoot me and then accept once i start shooting them and they are almost dead, then i get slayed and lose 2 levels.
    Is it possible to freeze or make it impossible to shoot until both players vote? Or put something like a 5 - 10 sec timer on it and whoever hasn't accepted or denied gets slayed.

2) The rocky music during the knife fight is way too loud. I play with my sound quite loud and when that comes on it is blaring. Can you turn it down a little zero?

one other thing. I'm not sure if the team balancer is working correctly. Some of the maps were dominated one side. I think at one point on deagle the score was something like 7-2

For #1...yea, something does need to be done, to be honest I think that it should just start the knife fight instead of asking to vote; cause some people can be pretty stupid about accepting it....sometimes though ive noticed that on occasion one or both people don't even get to see the option pop up!

for #2...yea it is pretty loud, it usually doesn't bother me but that doesn't alter the fact that it's still pretty loud. And just as a suggestion, maybe try putting up a few new sounds...eye of the tiger is my suggestion as one of them.

as for the last thing im not sure, i don't think ive really encountered this problem but im not on at all times so I don't catch everything....but I would not have a second thought about believing hodgie....he's a long time regular and has never really made complaints on the server, just plays to win and plays in a very sportsman like manner. Im just saying ill back him up on these statements.
    FIRE FIRE FIRE!

5. Default

The team balance mod is rather wonky. It either doesn't balance teams, OR is balances them unfairly a good portion of the time.

6. Default

the team switch thing is very annoying, i get switched every map, sometimes 3-4 times a map...

7. Default

There shouldnt be a timer between when both players accept and when they are disarmed. I think there is like a 3 second span where you can still fire your weapon before your confined only to knife. This span needs to disappear for the knife mod to be affective. Other than that there is no problem with the knifing. If the player waits to accept then its your job to shoot to kill. I personally don't accept until after i have found the other guy, then if he see's me first i accept and stop myself from dieing. But if i sneak up on him and he doesn't see me than ill just take the easy gun kill. It works, just the delay between when the players accept and when they are beacon'd and disarmed needs to be taken out.
    -MBP

8. Default

I'd also like to add that it should stop crashing...Kick your server guy in the balls.

Oh, and outlaw zombie mod admins from being pricks :P

9. Default

sounds like someone broke a rule in the ZM server and was punish by a ZM admin. you GG people are so quick to complain and judge

10. Default

I don't really care because the only IBIS server I play is ZM.
    Thank me for the insight later when you have a chance.