Thread: No actions on maps?

1. Exclamation No actions on maps?

I notices there hasn't been any action on maps since 8/30/12. There are several maps that need removed or fixed (and when someone wanted to fix them he was pretty much flamed and ignored). There are also quite a few maps that would do well here I would post except the removal of broken maps is a bit more important to me. I don't mean to beg, but please please please remove the bugged maps:

de_facility
    de_ibis_cell
    de_battleship
    cs_assault_night

I personally love de_facility, but the fact that players don't start in a buyzone combined with the fact there are only 8 spawn points makes this map unplayable most times you go there. (oh, and cyber, there are actually 2 choke points, one is just hard to get to)

de_ibis_cell CTs do not have a buy zone in the entire map.

de_battleship is just broken as shit and gets RTVed in the first 3 minutes.

cs_assault_night is unplayable for some people do to the shoddily made and leaky skybox.
    Last edited by Passarelli; 03-14-2014 at 02:28 PM.

2. Default

If I remember ibis_cell has no buyzones, which causes obscene whoring, the rest of these should be removed for reasons stated above.
    Forward, the Light Brigade!'
    Was there a man dismay'd?
    Not tho' the soldiers knew
      Some one had blunder'd:
    Theirs not to make reply,
    Theirs not to reason why,
    Theirs but to do and die:
    Into the valley of Death
      Rode the six hundred. ~Alfred, Lord Tennyson

3. Default

Err, yeah. CTs can spawn but have no buy zones. Sorry, I was absurdly tired.

4. Default

Future aztec also as no sky box and the walls are fucked up if you go too high, de_italy2010 = pure diarrhea. And please o please make maps like Arghhh and Blahhh nominatable by regular players.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: I'm pretty sure Zero is moving around now so that may be the reason some things aren't getting updated lickity split, so patience everyone, patience.

And yes I know pass, those maps have been reported before, get off my ass.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    And please o please make maps like Arghhh and Blahhh nominatable by regular players.
    legitimately, you need to go fuck yourself. those maps should be removed from the server and anyone who asks for them should be banned for 2 weeks, no warnings issued.
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGBEARS
    I feel it is important for me to let you know how feeble your efforts to strike such feelings inside of me really are. I have the internal fortitude of a large animal, an elephant, for instance. Likewise, I'm the result of coitus between the devil and a pack mule made out of chainsaws, so I am extremely strong, and carry little care for others in this world. Trees also stand aside due to my chainsaw blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by ๖ReS View Post
    How am I supposed to tell you to fuck off without replying ?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    legitimately, you need to go fuck yourself. those maps should be removed from the server and anyone who asks for them should be banned for 2 weeks, no warnings issued.
    eh those maps can be fun when you get the right group of people playing them.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by acolyte_to_jippity View Post
    What about these maps have you seething in hatred? Personally, I find them enjoyable changes from the standard aztec, dust, dust2, office rotation that is the standard here. They can be a little hard to figure out at first, but I find them easier to play then the likes of nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by What View Post
    Future aztec also as no sky box and the walls are fucked up if you go too high, de_italy2010 = pure diarrhea. And please o please make maps like Arghhh and Blahhh nominatable by regular players.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: I'm pretty sure Zero is moving around now so that may be the reason some things aren't getting updated lickity split, so patience everyone, patience.

And yes I know pass, those maps have been reported before, get off my ass.
    I know nothing with happen in regards to this until at least the end of May, but I figured it wouldn't be horrible to get the conversation started about these 4 horrible maps that need removed or fixed (goku, come back and fix facility please!)

The point I was trying to make is that people have been asking to get some these off the server for years with nothing happening at all. Personally, I feel that removing the broken maps and adding some decent maps would be just as interesting as adding more races.

As for future aztec and the broken versions of italy, I have another idea which would likely fix that issue. However, it has little to do with this thread, so I'll make that thread a little later tonight.

8. Default

Is there certain maps I can nominate that would be good for WCS, or is it just any cs or de map?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by $Money$ View Post
    Is there certain maps I can nominate that would be good for WCS, or is it just any cs or de map?
    Generally there can be a problem with custom maps since most people don't take the time to put in sky boxes and model everything correctly, so when flying or teleporting races come into play, it can result in a broken map that is no fun for anyone. Some maps can also be waaaaaay to big and/or open, which might be fine for regular CS, but when the enemy can zip to your spawn right off the get go, it again makes for a shitty experience. I would suggest dicking around with the maps you may want to nominate first to make sure they are not objectively broken for the mod.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.