Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Scramble v1.0.0 [WCS]

1. Default

Scrambling process:

• get players with high current kdr, check in their allies who is the least victim to that player (this is to counter those who always stack team together, looking at u ronnie and yoshir), and split them.
    • Then balance current players to have the closest average SKILL level on both sides and then by kdr IF there are any players that are currently in the top 20.
    • Remove the whole discount system we have, it's being abused by players joining the loosing team after carrying the winning team... or after winning team no longer has any edge. Unless zero makes it so that you only get the discount IF you WERE on that loosing player team for the duration of the losses... not if u just happened to "conveniently" join a loosing team. And this way you dont have to restart hte map, just start a new round with current scores

• In fact i am about to propose a whole new economy system for wcs: Killing sprees and shutdowns, just like in league of legends:
      • We can easily check how many kills a player has had since their last death, calculate a spree.
      • Depending on how big of a spree that player was on (for example 5 kills spree) and someone on the other team kills that player. That lucky bastard will get 5 x deathmoney instead of normal system.
      • The more a player is being killed (simply check their current in game kdr), the LESS amount of money they return on win. this is to balance those games where someone repeatedly hunt down weak players at start while stacking a strong team.
      • Perhaps suggest some sort of "assists" system, where you can check if a player did more than 30% of dmg to a player before that target died by an ally, and give % of money to the assistant.

• This will make it so that people can no longer abuse the "team sided" buffs, but instead WORK TOGETHER to kill off HIGH priority targets that are currently carrying the enemy team on a killing spree.
    • Hell i would throw bonus money or xp for killing off cuntsacks on enemy team that are currently on a maxed human, jack, molecule, spidey, and hell even vagas i dnt mind.

• and finally. JUST. DO. SOMETHING. about that fucking op ass human race, and this current meta needs to be changed.

• Although I don't like balancing wcs by making it less like wcs...I support zero's suggestion to have an anti-stack race, for example a race which has an ability (among others) that allows said player to SELECT A SKILL out of 40 x 5 list of skills in the game, and have that skill have 25/35/45/60/75 % LESS chance to proc on them. another ability could be so that an enemy player does LESS damage (or chance to dodge) the more XP that player has on that race COMPARED TO HIS OTHER RACES. (i.e if u play all races equally and are a veteran, u shoiuld be fine, but if u ONLY play human race and never other races...u do less damage while on THAT race) .
    • So if some fucking cunt nugget is whoring human throughout the entire fucking game, a bunch of player can hop on anti-meta , or what i call the new "Metanull" race (which can be given away as a starting race lv 0 for new players and only have 10 levels or smthn FREE as starter), and with more people on that race blocking the SAME ability, it would FORCE that motherfucking human (or other) dick off that fucking race for as long as they stay on that Metanull race, and force them to change tactics...
    • This metanull lv 0 race might actually be a way to allow new players to learn the skills they need to "disable" and know what is killing them, and how to counther them by playing a starter race specifically to tutor them how to counter big races.

Thoughts?
    "What" , your thoughts don't count as we already argued about this.
    Last edited by CYBER; 06-02-2014 at 03:08 AM.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CYBER View Post
    Thoughts?
    "What" , your thoughts don't count as we already argued about this.
    I laughed.

What, while Cyber may not wish to argue, I would love to hear your point of view.

We may want to consider breaking these other changes into different threads and keep this one for the Scramble plugin. Up to you guys though, I don't care that much.

3. Default

I do not believe that anit-races are the answer. It makes no point to remove the mod from a mod. It would only take about 1 or 2 of those on a team and we would essentially just be playing normal CS, since you can always reset your skills to select something else. You force someone off of one race onto another and you just keep switching back the whole time.

As I have said before, the only way to ensure that people don't douche it up, is to get rid of rankings and stat tracking. Have everything ranked on total amount of xp. That way there is no impetus to race whore since you don't need to preserve your rank or up your kdr. Cyber believes that ranking is the only thing that keeps players coming back, but a lot of these players are the same one he complains about. Ranking would still exist, based on xp, something like the war3rank or something like that, but have no record of kdr, accuracy or shit like that.
    I hit Brett right in the feels.

4. Default

Yea things that are not for this plugin need to be in their own thread. On that note I do like the money idea.

5. Default

Yea things that are not for this plugin need to be in their own thread. On that note I do like the money idea.
    yes i realize that this should be suggested as its own plugin, but it was an elaboration on the !scramble command since worrying about money was an issue.

I will post a plugin request for the new economy system tomorrow seperately.
    Started from bottom. Now we here. <IBIS>

Trying to hack in IBIS is like trying to kill someone in a police station, not the best idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Passarelli View Post
    Would it be possible to have it instead create/balance the teams? The most accurate way to balance the teams would probably be to average the teams K/D ratio and swap people so that they are as close as possible.
    i started to post about it being about balance

but i remembered that this is a scramble, not a team balance thing so i kinda didn't :-/

i'd post about what cyber and What said but this is about the plugin, i'll go to cyber's thread tomorrow :P
    A programming genius called HEAP
    Had trouble in getting to sleep
    So he made his lambs troup
    through a huge FOR-NEXT loop
    FOR 1 TO 10000: NEXT sheep.