Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Ibis ranking system

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    I thought we took France in WWII and then gave it back to them because we did not want it...
    Nah we just came to visit.

2. Default

I think all of you need to freshen up on your American history during WWII.

France was taken over by Germany during the Germans blitz through out western Europe. France fell to that mighty German war machine and was German occupied for almost 2 years. After the ungrateful events of pearl harbor, America entered WWII. America started by storming the beaches of Normandy and from there worked its way inland and across Europe, moving to the east towards Germany. Liberating country's that fell to Germany. France was liberated from Germany on August 25th 1944, when the U.S. and allied troops reached Paris.

Liberating a country just means; "to remove an occupying force and return the capital to the original government." America never took France from the french government and than returned it. We just removed Germany from France. America was in a race with the Russians to reach Berlin, the capital of Germany.

I rest my case.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    I think all of you need to freshen up on your American history during WWII.

France was taken over by Germany during the Germans blitz through out western Europe. France fell to that mighty German war machine and was German occupied for almost 2 years. After the ungrateful events of pearl harbor, America entered WWII. America started by storming the beaches of Normandy and from there worked its way inland and across Europe, moving to the east towards Germany. Liberating country's that fell to Germany. France was liberated from Germany on August 25th 1944, when the U.S. and allied troops reached Paris.

Liberating a country just means; "to remove an occupying force and return the capital to the original government." America never took France from the french government and than returned it. We just removed Germany from France. America was in a race with the Russians to reach Berlin, the capital of Germany.

I rest my case.

when germany controlled france.... there is no french government...

4. Default

Did not the German gov abolish the french gov, was not the point of Germany invading to make France Germany. Thus "France" was Germany. Therefore, we took over part of Germany that was previously France and then put a French gov in control. When the USSR took over parts of Germany they also got to do what they wanted with it. Except in their case they made those territories part of the USSR instead of giving the nations back to their original people.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO View Post
    Did not the German gov abolish the french gov, was not the point of Germany invading to make France Germany. Thus "France" was Germany. Therefore, we took over part of Germany that was previously France and then put a French gov in control. When the USSR took over parts of Germany they also got to do what they wanted with it. Except in their case they made those territories part of the USSR instead of giving the nations back to their original people.
    Yes your are correct but I thought the topic was "If America ever took France from the French government".G Germany did remove the french government and replaced it with its own, but when the U.S. liberated paris, they removed the German government and returned the French government to power. America never took France and place an American government in power.
    -The enemy of my enemy is my friend-

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    Yes your are correct but I thought the topic was "If America ever took France from the French government".G Germany did remove the french government and replaced it with its own, but when the U.S. liberated paris, they removed the German government and returned the French government to power. America never took France and place an American government in power.
    thats the point... we took the land of france over, but we dont need nor want it. thus just handing it off to who ever did want it...

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by whytboiz33 View Post
    thats the point... we took the land of france over, but we dont need nor want it. thus just handing it off to who ever did want it...
    Yes but that doesn't mean the US was able to capture France.

1. They had Canadian, French, and UK soldiers to back them up.
    2. The Germans had already gotten their shit rocked by the Soviets and had lost manpower after taking over the majority of Europe in the first place.

Either way, I didn't expect my statement to arouse such debate.