Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Demonater10 banned for 7 days

1. Default Demonater10 banned for 7 days

[KKK]Demonater10 banned for 7 days.

I asked him to remove the tag. Whyt was informed and told me to ban him for 7 days. I gave him the chance to remove it. He argued with me back and forth and finally removed it after I told him that NYS C.O. told him to. He removed it and continued to patronize me and argue back and forth with me that I have no place to tell him to take it off his name. Also said that NYS C.O. had no place telling him to do so either. I explained to him that I was an administrator and only enforce the rules.

He was eventually banned for 7 days. He can bring his mocking, patronizing argument here.

This dood is a disturbance to the ZM server. Period!

2. Default

he wasnt obeying the rules after multi warnings. he was tempting rico to ban him. here in IBIS, we dont play those games. you want to act like a moron, then youll be taking a week long vacation from our servers.

3. Default

i do see the [k k k] in his name, but it doesnt remind me of the kkk. or any rascist remarks. But a week ban for standing up for his clan and his name. It stands for the Kool Kats Klub, so im told. I truely don't believe this clans intention is to be racist, but i see how people would view it rasictly. I was message when he was ban, but i was told the exact story ricochet said in his statement. He was being annoying, and kept on arguing with Ricochet.

A week ban, you should unban him 2 days instead

4. Default

Let the log speak for itself:

(ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: demonater, you were told to not wear that tag
    *DEAD* [K K K] demonater10 : ricochet, no i was not
    (ADMIN) ๖ReS | ibis.a: Oh Rico
    (ADMIN) ๖ReS | ibis.a: let em go :/
    (ADMIN) ๖ReS | ibis.a: its demonator

Res apparently has no problem with my name, an admin that I had been playing on the server with for 45 minutes to an hour before ricochet came:
    (ADMIN) ๖ReS | ibis.a: hes black
    (ADMIN) ๖ReS | ibis.a: it dont mater
    (ADMIN) ๖ReS | ibis.a: hahahah

I state that I have been wearing this tag without problem:
    *DEAD* [K K K] demonater10 : ricochet, in fact, i have been wearing this tag for approximately 2 months
    *DEAD* [K K K] demonater10 : and have discussed it's use with several admins
    *DEAD* [K K K] demonater10 : who had absolutely no problem with it

I continue to state my case:
    (ADMIN) ๖ReS | ibis.a: you type fast
    (ADMIN) ๖ReS | ibis.a: real fast
    *DEAD* [K K K] demonater10 : I don't know about gun game, but on here it is acceptable
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: demonater, you were told by an IBIS clan member to remove that tag
    *DEAD* [K K K] demonater10 : ricochet, I was told by someone on the gun game server that they did not like it, I was shortly banned thereafter
    *DEAD* [K K K] demonater10 : furthermore, I am not the only one who has worn this tag for more than 2 months without a problem
    [K K K] demonater10 : the fact that you suddenly have a problem with it after playing with me for the past 2 weeks is somewhat questionable

(ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: demonater you ignoring me?
    [K K K] demonater10 : i have replied to every message
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: you were dead, you were asked by an IBIS clan member to remove the tag
    [K K K] demonater10 : ricochet, i was not asked by ANYONE on the zombie mod server to remove my tag
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: you were asked by an IBIS clan member on the forums to not wear that tag

Other people use the same tag as me, further reinforcing the fact that [K K K] is a clan tag and not a racist reference:
    [K K K] demonater10 : Furthermore, there are several other people on this server who use the same tag and do not receive and questions from you

(ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: infact, you weren't asked, you were told
    [K K K] demonater10 : regarding it
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: they will!
    [K K K] demonater10 : negative,
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: so stop patronizing me
    [K K K] demonater10 : I am not patronizing you
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: remove the tag
    (ADMIN) ๖ReS | ibis.a: Demon
    (ADMIN) ๖ReS | ibis.a: just do it

I ask why now, do I need to remove the tag:

[K K K] demonater10 : i am wondering, why, NOW, i am told to remove the tag
    (ADMIN) ๖ReS | ibis.a: Demon

In fact, I have been using the tag for a while:
    [K K K] demonater10 : after having been able to use it for roughly three months

(ADMIN) ๖ReS | ibis.a: Just do it man
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: because a CLAN MEMBER SAID TO

I change my name to "cherry fuck" at this point to avoid a ban
    cherry fuck : i would like to see the request

At this point, ricochet assaults me verbally:
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: go look on the forums asshole, you know exactly where NYS C.O said it
    cherry fuck : is there a reason you are now calling me names
    cherry fuck : ?
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: no reason in particular, more or less because you are an asshole
    cherry fuck : ricochet, i am not sure what that has to do with me requesting a reason as to why i need to remove my tag
    cherry fuck : but if you want to behave immaturely as a person of authority, that is entirely your choice

(ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: WHAT DON'T YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND ABOUT A CLAN MEMBER TELLING YOU TO?
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: IT'S NOT THAT FUCKING HARD
    cherry fuck : it is hard when i was never told on zombie mod to remove it
    cherry fuck : apparently different rules apply on different servers
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: DOESN'T MATTER ON WHICH SERVER YOU WERE TOLD TO DO IT, YOU WERE TOLD TO ON THE FORUMS
    cherry fuck : considering i am allowed to play with my name here, though not on gun game
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: BY A CLAN MEMBER NO LESS
    cherry fuck : and avoided asking me what it stood for
    cherry fuck : I better stop inquiring? Aren't we ignorant if we do not ask questions?
    }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a> killed Snowman † with elite.
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: if you are caught with it on again you'll be banned
    cherry fuck : so, i can quote you as saying, that anyone who uses the word nigger, or has a racist reference in their name or implies such
    (Counter-Terrorist) Mr.t : !ztele
    cherry fuck : will be banned?
    cherry fuck : can i quote you on that ricochet?
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: you got it

I try to clarify which rule states that I am prohibited from having [K K K] in my name. Unfortunately, my question is avoided:
    cherry fuck : and just for my own personal knowledge, does the rules state this?
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: that's always been the rule, not just something new
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: you think this server is a democracy?

I go on to state that I have consulted several admins regarding my name, none of which who have had a problem. In fact, I have played on the zombie mod server for 2-3 months and no one has had a problem with my name, nor Mitch Connor's, nor Hobo's, Nor Snoopy's:
    cherry fuck : i was under the understanding that as long as you were not directing a racist statement towards someone it was fine
    cherry fuck : although i have not done that and the "kkk" in my name is not referncing something racist
    cherry fuck : I don't belive the server has a system of government ricochet, however, i did go through the trouble of asking several admins
    cherry fuck : such as slasher, if my name was ok

(ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: unfortunately, admins don't make the rules
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: we merely enforce them
    cherry fuck : then you are contradicting yourself

Here Ricochet is bashing Slasher, implying that Slasher doesn't know what he is talking about and uses his age as a reason:
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: and for you to rely on a 14 year old admin was your mistage

cherry fuck : as you requested that i change my name
    cherry fuck : are you saying that I shouldnt have listened to you?

I try to explain to Ricochet that I am not trying to argue, just understand the rule that is being enforced, I am met with hostility:
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: demonater, better stop arguing with me, you CAN'T win
    cherry fuck : I think we will leave at that you do not like me and have clearly shown that through the way you talk to me
    cherry fuck : ricochet, it is not an argument
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: I am enforcing what NYS C.O. told you
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: so then shut the fuck up
    cherry fuck : it is you merely showing that the only reason you have made the request is because i am an "asshole"

Again, verbally attacked:
    cherry fuck : ricochet, you just told me admins dont make rules
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: can you fucking read? do you see what I am typing to you?

cherry fuck : thus nyc saying i should change my name means nothing according to you
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: last week, NYS C.O. IBIS told you to remove that tag
    cherry fuck : perhaps it is you who is mistaken?
    ﮖﭚŘę : !ztele
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: that is why you are being asked to remove it
    cherry fuck : yes, but you told me that admins dont enforce teh rules
    cherry fuck : am i wrong?
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: nope, I am not making one, merely enforcing one
    cherry fuck : you are enforcing a rule another admin made

At this point, Ricochet decides to end the conversation:

(ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: the conversation is over, anything more and you can take it to the forums
    cherry fuck : so i do not see the different
    cherry fuck : perhaps i shall, since all you have done is talk in circles, contradict yourself, and call me names
    cherry fuck : very odd

Though we have just mutually accepted the end of the conversation, Ricochet continues to discuss the matter with me:
    [b] (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: do you understand that ibis.a is an administrator and IBIS is a clan member?
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: aparently you don't
    cherry fuck : i don't believe you stated their being a difference

I killed someone:
    cherry fuck killed Storg with p90.
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: I shouldn't have to
    cherry fuck : but, ok

I see that we are talking in circles, I do not wish to proceed with the discussion in Counter-Strike and ask that it end here:
    cherry fuck : well if you don't want me to understand the rules, don't tell me, and i am sure i will likely break them again
    cherry fuck : or at least the ones you make up as you go
    cherry fuck : that is
    cherry fuck : anyway, we are talking in circles
    cherry fuck : lets end it here

I am now banned for wanting to end the discussion:
    (ADMIN) }LW{-=|2icochet=- <ibis.a>: demonater, go to the forums, have a nice night
    You have been banned by Admin for 10080 minutes
    Disconnect: Kicked and banned.
    Disconnect: Kicked and banned.
    Completed demo, recording time 957.6, game frames 31835.
    Last edited by demonater10; 03-29-2009 at 10:11 PM.

5. Default

The correct action would have been to take the tag off and then come into the forums requesting that I make an official decision on the matter.

As for that matter, his tag is fine. As the rules state he is not using the tag to try to offend anyone he is just using it because that happens to be the name of the clan he is in. Now in the rules it states that admins can leave this to their discretion unless I have made an official ruling on the individual matter. Thus the admin was in his right to do what he did.

However, let it be known that the KKK tag is fine for members of that clan. If the admin decides to change his punishment in light of this then that is his decision. Note that the admin in this incident has done nothing wrong and that the player failed to listen and make a formal confirmation of the rule in the forums.

6. Default

Demonater, your right you've been using that tag for as long as I've seen you playing on ZM, yes I have heard you ask some admins if that tag is okay, in which they reply "yes". But here is the thing Rico is trying to tell you, NYS CO. told you to remove that from your ingame name. NYS CO. is an IBIS CLAN MEMBER. Therefore he has higher AUTHORITY than <IBIS.A> admins. Rico is not making up some rule as he goes along, but is ENFORCING what a IBIS CLAN MEMBER told you. admins are ENFORCERS not the rule/law makers. So now just change your name completely or just remove the [K.K.K.] tag and everything will be fine.

inthebutt out.

7. Default

Nevermind my post zero spoke and ruled on it.

8. Default

Yes Zero said it is ok, but that's not the only problem here...

Players need to understand that there are admins and then there are senior admins. All of the senior admins are clan members (to my knowledge).
    If a senior admin / clan member tells you to do something or makes a judgement on a rule that you don't agree with. Then you should do what he says and then make a post in the forums.

Just because a couple admins that you know are cool with something doesn't mean that it is always ok! You should have asked a senior admin or Zero NOT Slasher.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Yes Zero said it is ok, but that's not the only problem here...

Players need to understand that there are admins and then there are senior admins. All of the senior admins are clan members (to my knowledge).
    If a senior admin / clan member tells you to do something or makes a judgement on a rule that you don't agree with. Then you should do what he says and then make a post in the forums.

Just because a couple admins that you know are cool with something doesn't mean that it is always ok! You should have asked a senior admin or Zero NOT Slasher.
    agree, slasher is a slow admin.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by inthebutt View Post
    Demonater, your right you've been using that tag for as long as I've seen you playing on ZM, yes I have heard you ask some admins if that tag is okay, in which they reply "yes". But here is the thing Rico is trying to tell you, NYS CO. told you to remove that from your ingame name. NYS CO. is an IBIS CLAN MEMBER. Therefore he has higher AUTHORITY than <IBIS.A> admins. Rico is not making up some rule as he goes along, but is ENFORCING what a IBIS CLAN MEMBER told you. admins are ENFORCERS not the rule/law makers. So now just change your name completely or just remove the [K.K.K.] tag and everything will be fine.

inthebutt out.
    inthebutt, agreed, however, I changed my name and then tried to clarify why I was being requested to change it. However, Ricochet did not want to offer an explanation. After the fact Ricochet became upset, decided that he no longer wanted to discuss it and told me to bring it to the forum. I agreed and told him that I would do so. After this, I was banned.

I am not looking to blame or get anyone in trouble, I just want to kill Zombies and since I am not able to do so at this point, I am bringing this case to the forums like I was instructed to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post

Agreed, however, Slasher was not the only admin I asked. In fact, I asked several admins, Slasher was just the admin that I immediately remembered. Furthermore, I have been using my clan tag for quite some time now. Within the period of using the tag, the admins that I have played with have never requested that the tag be removed or indicated any problem with it. Whether a senior admin or just a regular one, mixed signals are sent when a problem with my tag is not indicated by a majority of administrators for the majority of time that I have played on the server.

I requested more information on the difference between a senior admin/clan member/admin/etc from Ricochet, but was met with hostility. I am simply trying to educated myself on the rules.